We met Faith and Collin in Eureka on Saturday to tour the City Hall Building and the Opera House. Both were lovely, across the street from each other, affordable (city hall is free!) and where Faith wants to have her wedding and reception. Also across the street is a museum for the Nevada Sentinel (one of the first newspapers in Nevada) so it all just seemed meant to be.
After all the tours, we had lunch at the Owl Club and then Bill and Will went running while the rest of us checked out the airport which is six miles north of town. Not much to see, but there is a paved landing strip. Perkins field in Overton is much bigger. This was the only hangar at the airport.
Below is a picture of the stairwell at city hall leading to the courtroom where Faith plans to be married. They imported the wood from Spain in the 1870's for all the woodwork.
Eureka is a charming and teeny tiny mountain town (population 410). I should have taken a picture of main street from the south looking to the north. I think I could have gotten the whole thing in the picture!
Sunday morning we walked from our hotel (the north end of town) to Clementines, one of the restaurants in town on the north end of town. It took about 10 minutes because we were walking slowly and stopping to look at things. We got the name of the lady to talk to about catering and walked back to the hotel.








4 comments:
What a fun weekend! Figuring out a venue for the wedding and reception really start to make it all real. What a fun and exciting time for your whole family. It looks like you scoped out all the important things, venue, hotel, restaurants and airport. I enjoyed getting to know more about Eureka and Elly. Good luck with all the planning and preparations.
Yay! I loved the pictures! And so much fun to hear a little bit of the history too. Is Colin like a foot taller than Faith? He made your girls look tiny! We magically already have time off on July 1 next year and are planning to be there! Also, you were right about the Ely sign. It was fun and funny.
Yes, Heather. Collin is a foot taller than Faith, well just a little bit more than a foot :) You know how it goes. And yipee skippee horray all day!! So glad you will be able to be there! A testament to your love of Faith and commitment to family. If we can get through the planning I'm sure it will be great in the end.
I can’t believe I missed this one. Both Eureka and Ely sound so appealing. I just love Faith doing her own style for her wedding. Is Colin willing to do any kind of wedding, or is this also his style?
Post a Comment