There are two songs that have kept running through my mind while Luna was away. That one about the cat whose owner kept trying to get rid of it, but the cat came back, it wouldn't stay away (wishing that were our cat) and that Cher Lloyd song, I Want You Back from maybe 10 years ago!
Today I got a call 25 minutes before my work day was ending from the spay and neuter center who said a Good Samaritan had brought my cat in. I spoke with the man who had Luna. He said that he found her in his driveway (across town in Summerlin) and that she was the sweetest thing and if we didn't want her, they would like to keep her. I assured him that we wanted her. He said he would wait with Luna at the center until I got there and that she had some pretty bad wounds on her. I left work early, stopped at home to pick up the cat carrier and Will and Ivy and we got to go get our cat back! It has been the happiest day today.
Last Saturday Will and Ivy raced in Boulder City. My favorite memory was walking behind them after Ivy's race and watching Will take Ivy's medal from her and put it around her neck so she was wearing it properly.
(Do not play these with the sound on - ha ha!)
I got an early birthday present from Heather which is really going to help me celebrate for more of the month :) She sent me a cute dress and a Libra necklace with both the Libra symbol on one side and the position of the sparkly stars on the other. It's very cool.
This is my silly picture I sent to Ivy (who didn't have school today) from Fausto's - where I ate a Nevada burrito with my colleagues because we had a staff development day.
My good book to share is a children's book called Stepping Stones, a Refugee Family's Journey. It's written by a Canadian author, Margriet Ruur, who collaborated with a Syrian artist, Nizar Ali Badr who makes art from stones (and often can't keep his art permanently). It tells the story of a Syrian family's experience during the Syrian civil war. It's really beautiful and made me want to do rock art with my World Languages students even though it's probably a really bad idea.
I was cranky near the end of the week from not running for too long while trying to get better and avoid the extreme weather. Also, sometimes I'm just cranky. Finding Luna made everything all better. We missed her so much!!



3 comments:
Oh I love it when there is video of your kids running and working so hard AND pictures of you AND beautiful art AND excellent news about Luna coming back to you!!! She really has a piece of all your hearts, doesn't she? She is indeed a very sweet kitty. I'm so glad she is home!
Rock art is beautiful. It gives me ideas. I love to play with Rocks. I should just take pictures after I’m done.
I am so relieved your kitty came back. I’m glad that somebody Loving found her after she had had a hard time. Isn’t it nerve wracking to be away from the pets? I bet Ivy is just over the moon about it. Moon. Luna. You know.
You have such swift people in your family. It was totally demoralising to race with you people down at the Las Vegas wash. I don’t think I will ever be very swift. The humidity is easing up around here, so I’m going to start up the running again. I feel for you and out of it. I think I finally have the things in place so that I can keep it going for months, if not years. Whatever is taking apart my connective tissue, I may have to live with long-term, but I can always rebuild with my scads of interventions. So, the upshot is that I will be able to run. Hopefully.
I wasn’t really sure what happened to Luna but got she wasn’t around any more. I am so so happy for you guys that she came back. Wahoo for good people in the world doing the right thing at the right time. That is always a great combination.
Yeah for running siblings that are so supplants kind to each other. Great kids you have.
I love your selfies. Thanks for taking them and sharing them with us. Ou are a beauty. Sorry you are not getting enough running in. I am not getting enough exercise either and it’s not great for my head.
The rock art is so fun. That is a different for of rock art than we have been doing but I love it all the same. I’ll have to see if I can find your book recommendation; it sounds very interesting land cool.
Post a Comment