Sunday, September 25, 2022

Oh blah di, oh blah da, Life goes on

 It was a brutally long week at school this week. So glad we made it through and I'm taking a day off next week :) It took me almost 5 hours to prepare my sub plans. I'm still telling myself it's worth it.

On Wednesday, Ivy was inducted into the AP Academy at Coronado. That's her up on stage in the red dress with the principal. She got to sign a "Harry Potter"-esque book with all the names of the AP Academy students. They sign in their freshman year and sign out their Senior year.


Friday went to the Homecoming bash with some friends on Friday night. One of her good running friends has parents who have a Chick-fil-A franchise here, so they had "really fancy snacks" of chicken nuggets :)

Will worked Friday night (at Kohls in the back with all the moms.)

Saturday morning they had a meet at Foothill High School. Neither of them were that happy with their scores, but Bill and I thought they did great. Bill went and met some of the JV boys who were unimpressed with him being Will's dad, but really perked up when he mentioned that he was also Ivy's dad! Will has been having some pretty serious leg pain that we will get checked out this week.

Saturday afternoon Will went to homecoming with a pole vault friend and a group from school. They looked so cute. I was lucky to have a good friend who knew where they were taking pictures so that I was able to get some good ones. This is the one Will sent me:



Here are the better ones:



They did everything. They went to dinner at BJ's in Henderson (where they had to trudge through dinner at a table with two couples who had been dating for too long and ignored them), then went to get pictures at the "Tuesday night place" - which means some wash out near Sloan Canyon. They then went to the pinball museum where they had more fun than expected. Afterwards they went to ride the New York, New York roller coaster. When the rest of the group started heading to The Bellagio to watch the fountains, Will and his date went to a fair they found while getting lost on their way to the pinball museum. Will said that Kyra got a lot of comments on how good she looked and how he should take her on the Ferris wheel and have their moment and take lots of pictures. I think they had a good time.

Bill and I went running for our Saturday night date where we checked on the homeless guy who lives at Cornerstone Park. Bill was worried because it looked like his stuff was in the pond. Luckily he was still there and appeared to be alive as he even stood up.

The rest of the night we stayed home in our pj's and noticed how big Ivy's hair is getting. Ivy is washing it less and it is curling more. It's really fun to watch.



2 comments:

HW said...

Oh I just love your kids. Will looked so handsome in the pictures your friend sent! And so much fun in the one he sent! And his date was beautiful too. Ivy is so brave to sign up for AP Academy. That seems like a lot of pressure. Can't you just take the classes? I'm glad your homeless guy is okay and your cat is home. What is Ivy doing to encourage the curl?

Paige said...

That’s a real worry that Will is having leg pain. Runners really do count on their legs. I hope he can get it fixed up quickly. I don’t know if he’s growing fast enough that it might be growing pains. Ivy looks just wonderful in her red dress and also with her“About to be smacked in the face“ expression at the end. You and Bill have such interesting dates. What good hearts you both have. I also hope your neighbor who lives at the park is ok.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...