This past weekend Faith and Collin came into town. They got here Friday in the late morning. I zoomed home from work as fast as I could! Faith and Collin went grocery shopping and then we came home and Faith tried on her wedding dress, which was hiding in the top back of Ivy's closet.
This is the only picture I have permission to post of it so far. She got it a little bit big and will have to have it tailored in Reno, but it's beautiful and she is very happy with it.
On Saturday Will was able to run in the state cross country meet. Coronado didn't have the best showing, but it was a fun meet anyway. The weather was perfect and I got a little bit emotional watching these boys run cross country together for the last time.
 |
| Coach Tondryk coaching them before the race. |
 |
| This is Will finishing. I should have gotten a video of his finish because his kick was so fast. I couldn't believe the distance he made up between him and his teammates in the last 800 meters. |
 |
| Jackson is Will's best friend. Here he is helping him up off the ground after his finish (and Coach Tondryk was helping Kaden up.) |
 |
| Then Jackson (who ran a sub 17 minute race helped Will back over to the team tent because he was so spent after a month of not running. |
Ivy knew that even if she didn't have covid, she would have been running at state, but she had been working out with the varsity team and Coach Padilla saved her bib for her so she had her own state meet momento from the day.
 |
| We found fall colors at the meet which was held at Veteran's Memorial Park in Boulder City. |
 |
| Ivy, Faith and Collin :) |
On Sunday we went to an air show at Nellis. We all enjoyed (most of) the time we spent there, but Collin was definitely in his happy place. When the rest of us had had enough and decided to leave and go get lunch, he stayed and met his sister Emma there who later just took him to the airport where he met back up with Faith to go back to RNO.
 |
| Will's day peaked first thing when we got to ride in the top (front seats) of a double decker bus from the Speedway to Nellis. |
The airshow was fun, but we could have planned better by bringing water bottles and chairs to sit on. There were lots of fast and loud airplanes and some fun acrobatics too.
At lunch we talked to Faith about her new job starting December 1. She will be moving front print to broadcast journalism. She will be reporting for KTVN news Channel 2 in Reno. She is taking a pay cut to do it, but she had serious concerns about the parent company of her publication. Some of the fun perks of her new job are free hair and make-up. She has signed a three year contract, so she will be at this job for awhile!
I should have gotten pictures of Faith with Luna while she was here. Faith and Luna loved playing together.
Last night was the cross country banquet. Coach Tondryk said great things about Will and what a good leader is is and Ivy won most improved underclassman.
 |
| Freshman girls: Holland, Ivy, Hadassah and Brooke-Lynn |
 |
| Senior boys: Frank, Daniel, Jackson, Will, Kaden |
 |
| Coach Tondryk and Will |
 |
| Coach Padilla with Will |
 |
| All the graduating seniors. |
2 comments:
Ah! What a wonderful post! Your writing glows when Faith comes home. She is just so great. And what a bonus to be cute enough to move to broadcast journalism with such ease! I'm totally excited to see the whole wedding dress. And Will being able to run one last time--just such a tender and great moment with his bros! And I am so proud of Ivy for running so hard. Great job! Your kids are just wonderful in every way. I adore them!
Is she keen on tormenting me? I’ll have to get that woman a talking to so she can release a few more photos. Let’s spread those around like the packets of joy they really are.
What a positive experience cross country has been – injury at all. I’m so proud of Will for the great attitude and no quitting. Man! I also miss Boulder city.
Ivy is impressive. I’m so glad that she did cross country, and that Will, along with his friends, did all they could to make it a good experience for her. She’s just wonderful.
Last comment. You really didn’t get any pictures of airplanes? It was an airplane show, for Pete’s sake.
Post a Comment