Last night was the Basic open house. Ours is a true open house where students and parents come and wander the campus and meet the teachers. We talk to whoever comes and I don't have to prepare a presentation.
Some of my favorites are the parents who just come and sit down to chat. Most of my sitters know me because I had their student last year as well. We have fun conversations about their kid, their families and their health. I have a few students this year who I have had their older siblings before and that is always fun to put siblings together.
Tonight was Ivy's open house. Bill and I went and met her teachers. They all seem really qualified and smart. Bill's favorite was Ivy's chemistry teacher because he was the most respectful of our time (he didn't keep us over the allotted time.) I really liked her Spanish teacher, but I have met her before and think she's a nice person anyway, plus I love her Argentine accent.
![]() |
| The kid who went came to open house with his parents and showed up in 2nd and 3rd period with us. |
![]() |
| Ivy's math teacher. I sat in Ivy's seat and was worried that she might not be able to see well from where she sits. |




2 comments:
I love that you blogged about open houses! I totally spaced ours out this year and I only had the one to go to. Wyatt had just tested positive for COVID and we were in serious recovery mode. That yarn sugar skeleton was about the coolest thing. Who did that?! And does Coronado have trailers?!
That sign is a little bit forbidding in style, isn't it? It's a great sentiment, though. We would all be better off having a sound like that in every room of our houses and schools. Workplaces too.
I like your report on school. Everything about it. As a teacher, and also as a parent. You get both sides of the table… And memories of being a student. It's very universal, I think. You are wonderful.
Post a Comment