Friday, August 4, 2023

Prepping for school

This last week has been all about getting ready for school for Ivy and me. Ivy has had leg pain. We are all a little sensitive about leg pain after Will's experience last year so we took her straight to the doctor to get an x-ray.

Luckily the x-rays looked good, but she decided she didn't want the MRI and that maybe it was muscular. Her coach has given her special exercises to do that we hope are helping.

They had a print of a puzzle we have at our house called, "100 Dogs and a Cat". I made Ivy love it for this picture :)

Another thing we did this week was get curtains for Ivy's room and some ivy string lights. I thought it was rather cunning (as it were).

Ivy ran the Legends race and came in 20th over all for the women. It was fun to see her running her guts out like she likes to do.
I went back to school and took this picture because this is a classroom of my colleagues. I had two men from the music department sitting in front of me serendipitously practically wearing the same shirt. It made me smile.

 Some of the more fun news of the week is that Faith and Collin got a new car this week! They bought a Camaro!! So flashy, eh? They sold Collin's truck and he needed new transportation, then found a really good deal on the Camaro. I also have it on good authority that Collin can even fit in the trunk of it surprisingly enough!



3 comments:

Paige said...

I didn't get much in the way of explanation for the dog drawings, or for the middle-aged men sitting in a classroom. Was that back to school night? What was the outcome of your daughters x-ray? Maybe this is a work in progress. I will be patient.

As always, you're having a ton of fun. Great to know that.

HW said...

I'm hoping the news from the x-ray was good because of the two thumbs up from Ivy? I think your kids are so tough that you worry they might be running on stress fractures. Wowza. Hope school gets off to a great start. I know you have already started but I'm hopeful for Ivy too. And Will too!

HW said...

You went back and put in details! Thank you! I loved every word, and they helped make the pictures make much more sense.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...