Not only was it Halloween, but it was a spirit week at my school and Day of the Dead. Lots of reasons for a Spanish teacher to dress up! By Thursday I wasn't feeling it anymore and just wanted to sleep (probably because I got a little bit sick too). I had to tell myself, "Just get up and do your job!" and giggled to myself that part of my job that day was to dress up for Day of the Dead.
Halloween is less exciting each year. Ivy went out with friends and Bill and I talked about going for a walk but didn't even do that because I had to go pick Ivy up from trick-or-treating with friends. We only had two trick-or-treaters!
| Poor Luna. |
| Ivy was a plague doctor and Brooke-Lynn was a tiger. Ivy was a bit freaky with that mask. Also, she had more to this outfit, but refuses to go all out on any costume for Halloween. |
| I was weird Barbie and my colleague was 1950s Mexican Barbie, so we had to pose together. |
| I had only two students who figured out who I was all by themselves. I had to tell them all day long: "Miss, you look great. What are you?" |
Thursday was Day of the Dead so the language acquisition department dressed up and served dessert to the staff in the library during lunches. These are the other Spanish teachers and I prepping desserts.
The only other pictures I have from the week are screenshots of Faith. I often take a screenshot of her reporting as I watch her. I must miss her!!
Reporting on safety for trick or treaters for Halloween.
Faith dressed up as Ron Burgundy for Halloween and won a $50 gift certificate! She looked great!
| Flooding and fires |
| Wild horses (was one killed? I can't remember) |
3 comments:
I love how many screenshots you have of Faith!!! I have to restrain myself from not taking too many of my kids when they FaceTime me. And you are so beautiful and so much fun! I loved ALLLL of your costumes! I am so disappointed in myself that I didn't get that you were Weird Barbie, but honestly, I think you are just a little too cute to pull that off. The picture with the crazy face helped. ;) I'm so sorry your kids are aging out of Halloween. Griff might be too.
you have the facial expression down for the costume of Frida. The headdress with flowers is just so unnerving. More unnerving, even, than the Ukrainian headdress of days gone by.
The plague doctor curing a very nonplussed looking cat who really does not want to wear a hat. That one cracked me up. In fact, there were lots of these that cracked me up. I'd like to seeing how busy Faith has been at her job. You guys are awesome.
Post a Comment