Monday morning bright and early Bill and I were up do get him to the hospital for surgery.
It was outpatient surgery, so we took him straight home after, but it became apparent quickly that he was going to need a cane in order to keep the weight off of his left side like they asked him to. I got the fun job of picking out a cane for him from CVS. He's an absolute champ with it!
Yesterday we took his bandage off and saw that it was quite a bit bigger than a once inch incision. More like 2.5 to 3 inches! He is recovering well, but I'm still trying to help him so he doesn't have to bend lift or twist.
It was a cold week in the beginning, but then turned gray at the end of the week. Friday I took off school to take Ivy to the DMV for her permit test. That's where I took my Be.Real. I've never seen it so quiet there!!
She passed easily. It took her less than 10 minutes to get enough questions right to pass. I took her picture while they took her picture for her license, so this is the preview.
We are all inspired by this little one who just does all the hard things well. This weekend she went on a 10 mile run with friends - because that's a thing to do for her. She already has 2 of her 50 hours of driving in and we are all still alive. All good!
Will is getting used to his new job at a physical therapist's office. He had an interview to be a lifeguard for the City of Henderson this week, but is not sure if that is the right move for him. His classes started up again at CSN and he is taking all his classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights, then he has an all day class on Saturdays. At least he was able to consolidate his classes more this semester! He looks great lately, but we haven't been able to capture him in a picture. I'll make it a goal this week!
2 comments:
Yeah licensed (almost)driver! I do know what that does to the mind of a parent. Parents. Especially for youngest. I hope the surgery removes all the pain and he will then take his body to new levels. You are so good to be with him. We are also super lucky at the DMV without a huge crowd. Covid changed things for us. No masks now!
You figured out the secrets of the DMV! And Ivy was probably just born knowing. Congratulations! I am going to start making awards for parents who have successfully taught all their children to drive. I felt like I should get a prize after four of them and NO ONE gave me one! Also I’m glad Bill is doing okay. Surgery is a big deal. Especially when it turns out to be more than twice as big of a scar as they said at first. What color cane did you choose I wonder? I’m guessing the copper looking one, because that is what I’d choose for Bill. It would go well with his coloring. Dang I’m goofy. I must be tired! Love you!
Post a Comment