Sunday, January 7, 2024

Happy 2024!

 

BeReal only posts black pictures from me. I realize this. I need to download a newer version of BeReal in order for it to work properly for me. So in the meantime, I have been just taking screenshots of my BeReals before I send them. Here is what has been going on (based on my screenshots)!

Over winter break I got to read. I read this Shusterman book. Still like his writing, but I don't totally recommend it. I also read the Hunger Game series with Ivy because I had only ever read the first one. I also read the first book in another YA series called Gone. 


We are constantly coming up with new 1-mile loops near our house. We are trying to get to as close to one mile as possible. This was a pretty good one!
Ivy and I must have been on our way to somewhere in this one. We often are together. She is getting her permit on January 19th! So excited! She is not looking forward to track, but did go to all the practices this last week and is mostly committed to doing it this year. We'll see. I gave her a check to pay for it and told her not to pay it until she was certain she was going to do it.





I love it when Faith reports from Carson City. I love all her reports though. She is learning to crochet and mostly likes her work - though there are bad days just like for everyone. Collin is trying to schedule his test to become a certified flight instructor (turns out that people who can administer the test are hard to come by!) 


Will got a haircut. It's almost a mullet. He said it's called a fade Mohawk and got it because the cute stylist at Great Clips told him it would look good on him. He is slowly getting used to it. He is also looking for work. Cross your fingers for him. He really doesn't want to go back to Wetzel's!


In Truckee they are adding on a small surcharge for using to-go cups so that people start bringing their own. Faith reported on it this week.

Luna is so precious. She slept with me for the last four nights. I never sleep as well with her near, but she is so warm and cuddly that I love to have her there anyway - regardless of the interrupted sleep. During the day she sleeps on Will while he waits for potential job offers to get back to him.

This first week back at school was just what you would think. Everyone was so so so so tired and all of our bodies were on the wrong schedule. My heart went out to my students who had to sit in their desks and try not to fall asleep. (Many were just too overcome.) It was good to see my students again. I am finding myself a little bit lost with my Spanish2h students this year because the curriculum changed last year when I wasn't teaching the class. I'm slowly figuring it out anyway.

Bill was able to schedule his SI join fusion surgery for next Monday on MLK. In the meantime, they don't want him taking any medications that have really been helping with the inflammation and pain. This next week is going to be a beast. Poor guy. Every day gets more painful. Hopefully the surgery helps a lot!!

We all made New Year's resolutions AND predictions for everyone in our family for 2024 that we will read pre-2025 to see if any came true.

Will's resolutions were about staying healthy and working out.
Ivy's resolutions were both academic and sports-related.
My resolutions were mostly about keeping the good things I have going on.
Faith's resolution was fun - it was to watch a movie she hadn't seen once a week.

Happy 2024 to everyone! Here's to new adventures!





2 comments:

Paige said...

The one with the cat yawning, and you looking nonplussed what is the best one even though neither of you looks your best… You certainly look your most real. Tell Bill we are going to be praying for him. His SI joint fusion is important. I bet you figure out that Spanish to H sooner rather than later. It was so great to talk to you today!

HW said...

Oh thank you for posting your Be Reals! It is just so hard to comment on a black screen. And you guys are so cute. I love that you felt for your poor students. And I am interested in the good things you have going on! And I love seeing Faith's reports and Will's haircut and Luna and a tiny sliver of Ivy. And I will pray for Bill's surgeon and for Bill.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...