This week was a marathon. It felt like it should have been Friday all week. I even wore a dress on Thursday to remind myself that it wasn't Friday. It was the last week of quarter 3 for us. Now we get one week of spring break and then 9 more weeks of school. Sí se puede, sí se puede, sí se puede.
Friday was the last day of the quarter and we I had to get my grades in, so with my Spanish 2h students we made "El día de San Patricio" fortune tellers and ate lucky charms. Ivy was laughing at this student who did amazing art, but wrote "el ano iris". (ano is anus in Spanish)
Our garage door clicker is having problems. That is what this picture is about. These two pictures (above and below) would have been my Be.Real on Wednesday if I could still do Be.Reals.
This weekend Ivy did a 9 mile trail run with her fastest friends. Then they came back to our house and had a cold dip in the very cold hot tub. It was hardest for Ivy.
I have determined to start running again. I took a break for a few weeks. As I was running in the afternoon sunshine on Friday I remembered telling Joel about all the crazy excuses I had been making not to run over the winter a few years ago - like that the sun was in the wrong position in the sky. (This is a total thing for me - running in the winter is dog hard!) Joel thought it was hilarious. It was a great moment remembering Joel happy. Running can be quite meditative for me and it's often when I feel closest to Mom (and now Joel too.)
Bill and I had a date to Johnny Mac's last night. Bill had never been, but it's a place I go to with colleagues a few times a year because it's close to Basic. Bill doesn't like hanging out in that part of town, but the food is tasty and not overpriced.
This week Ivy ran a personal best at Green Valley. She ran a 1600 (which is almost a mile) in 6:09. I was really proud of her. Ivy is the blur in the picture above with one yellow shoe and one red. She isn't too impressed with her new record because her best friend runs it in 5:22, which is faster than most of the boys. I love to see her improve.
Luna isn't really allowed on the kitchen table, but I definitely had to snap this picture quickly before I shoed her off of it!
3 comments:
I am so proud of Ivy! And I loved your date and your low key St. Pat’s activities and your cat. Did you guys re-tile your pool?
I'm so glad you are running! Once again, I am shamble worthy. I have three minutes in my 30 minute walk this week. I think I walk faster. I've been here before, though. I will work my way up. I will never win a race against anybody in your family. Maybe just after surgery? For them? I think that's the only way.
Is your beautiful cat wearing a plastic lei, or something else?
Good eye, Heather. Yes, we retiled our pool last fall.
Paige, Luna had found a reusable shopping bag and put her head through the handles. Also, I use the word "run" very loosly. My kids think what I do is jog. It's not fast. Glad to hear you're shambling! That's better than not being able to even shamble.
Post a Comment