Last week was Spring Break and it was a much needed break. We didn't plan a bunch of things, but we did end up doing a few things anyway, so it was perfect.
Bill had to work so that kept him more than busy all week. I tried to cook dinners because it's much easier to do when I don't have to be at school during the day. I cooked some yummy tortellini from an Instagram Reel I saw. Tuesday was Bill's birthday so I made shrimp tacos that were pretty spicy for lunch. I thought they wre delicious. And then for dinner we went to Lucky Penny at Green Valley Ranch Resort and Casino.
| Bill and Will had the philly cheesesteak sandwiches, Ivy had blueberry pancakes and I had a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. |
| Then we went home and ate cake and opened presents. We are hoping 51 comes with big improvements for Bill's back! |
| We talked as fast as we could, but almost as quickly as they got here, they were gone and on their way back up to Utah for more partying. Love these two Ws!! |
Ivy went with me on Wednesday to give blood. I did it this time because they were offering a 2024 Solar Eclipse t-shirt and eclipse sunglasses that I want. (They should be coming in the mail soon!!!) Hopefully they will come in time for the solar eclipse on April 8 :)
| Ivy put a bracelet on Luna's head like she was the Queen of Sheba. She tolerated it quite well. |
Willa and Wyatt didn't get to see Ivy because she was in California for the weekend running at a track meet. She and her distance team flew out Friday morning (and spent too much time mewing in the airport - it's the latest thing) and she even medaled for her 2:40 time in the 800 meter race.
| Ivy and friends looksmaxxing at the airport. This will be what their generation will talk about in 20 years, "Remember when...." |
Saturday Bill and I went to see Zoltan Kaszas (of Dry Bar Comedy fame) here in Las Vegas in the arts district. We shared a plate of nachos that was delicious, but a bad choice because once they turned the lights down, we really couldn't see what we were doing!
| Wiseguys Comedy Club |
We also went to see Dune 2 as a family over the weekend. We all really liked it and we ate Arby's afterward. We feel some responsibility to keep the Arby's in our neighborhood open and eat there with some regularity. (funny, huh?)
I was scared to go back to school because Spring Break was so wonderful and I didn't want it to end, but like always I realized when I got back to school that I really love my job and it was just what I needed, but that's a story for my next blog :)
4 comments:
I loved your spring break! Nachos in the dark. Hahahaha! I totally get it though. We once tried a movie/theater place and it was terrible because you can’t see your food. I felt like it detracted from the movie AND the dinner to try having them both at the same time. Was the comedy good? And I’m so glad you got my Willa and Wyatt. And so jealous! Aren’t they goofy and fun?! I need to learn more about mewing and looksmaxxing. I am missing so much on these years when I don’t have anyone in high school!
looksmaxxing?
Sorry. I'm back now. My husband and an artichoke were beckoning. They are hard to resist. You are an awesome birthday commemorator. If ever you doubt that, ask me about it. By comparison, your birthday commemorating skills are truly wonderful. I stink at that. I will learn your ways.
You got to have a couple of Wimmer's with you? How exciting is that! I'm jealous.
Mewing is a form of looksmaxxing (what you think it is - doing what you can to look your best) where you put the top of your tongue on the back of your throat and it pushes up your neck and works those neck muscles. Students will do this and then allegedly when someone tries to talk to them they will give the "sh" sign to let you know that they are busy mewing and cannot currently talk. It's not as big at my school as it is at Ivy's school.
Post a Comment