Friday, March 1, 2024

Ut Fam

 I ended up with many pictures that were the same as all the other pictures I saw of Joel's funeral. These are the few I had that were a little bit different.






On Friday while Bill was busy at work, my kids and I met Dad at the hangar in PVO to see all the projects. I only got a picture of the Long EZ. He was working on getting the propeller just right to be mounted. Collin thought everything looked great and he thought Dad had maybe two more months to go. (Though he thought if someone were working on it full time it could be ready within a week.)

We did get to see the two other hangars and the Infinity (which is currently wingless) and the Bonanza (which was dirty, but still beautiful.) The skies were blue and the sun felt good. Dad was as sharp as ever (and Ivy mentioned it) while we were at the airport. He's really in his element there.

Collin and Dad had a good time talking shop.
Then we went to lunch at Cane's and said goodbye to Faith and Collin who were driving back to Reno.

Friday and Saturday nights we spent with Papa Fred and Marj. They were wonderful and we had a great time with them. Marj shared the book her kids had her write. I can't remember the name of the company that publishes them, but they send a computer program that helps you write about stories from your life. She had some good ones that sparked great conversation.

We drove around the neighborhood to see if I could find M'Li's house and found goats on the way! After just a minute or so Ivy had 3 goats lined up to get scratches from her.

We did find M'Li's house after some trial and error. She was outside showing landscapers just how she wanted a tree pruned. We watched for a bit, but I didn't have the heart to say hello or let her know we were even there. It was fun to watch and let her have a break from family.

Marj's cats were a hit with the Evans family. We had all missed Luna so much! Below is a picture Will got of Marj with her cute black cat, Chio. Marj gave me a great recipe for a tortilla bake that was a success at our house this week. She plays classical music most of the time and has people coming and going from her house to pick up or drop things off or just yell hello. It's fun to see.

Sunday was Bill's nephew, Seth Allen's, mission farewell in Spanish Fork (with breakfast after) and then Bill's niece's (Lydia Evans) missionary homecoming in Mapleton. There was a luncheon after Lydia's talk at Zeke's house that Papa Fred and Marj came to. Bill was able to snap a picture of his father and my father together. I love it! They talked for quite awhile and Marj was a very good sport about it. The kids and I had to leave early to get home in time to pick Bill up from the Las Vegas airport, so we didn't get to eavesdrop on any of it.

The drive there and back were both great. Will did almost all of the driving and we listened to his clean Spottify playlist probably too much, but we had fun with it.

We had to jump right back into life pretty quickly. Will was right back at the gym first thing and Ivy and I both had school on Monday and work started again for Bill at 4:45 am. This schedule is nuts!

Luna forgot who we were while we were gone because her brain is so tiny it only has access to the things right in front of it. We made friends again quickly enough!

Faith was back at it too and worked hard all week this week with a storm coming in tonight and this weekend. She was out in high winds reporting overtime yesterday, so today I was glad to see that she was reporting on the weather from the newsroom. The snow is starting to come down tonight and it looks like it's going to be coming down pretty constantly all weekend in Reno.








3 comments:

HW said...

I loved every bit of this! Your pictures of the funeral that were a little bit different were just what was needed. Just lovely! And I loved it that all of your kids went with you to be with Dad at the hangar. Thank you for giving me that view. The funeral view of Dad was so sad for me. And I loved that he and Colin got to talk shop. I like how you got such a great picture and description of what each person does. Ivy with the goats. Marj in her yard with Chio. Dad and Bill Sr. And you ended with your Faith! She is such a light!

Paige said...

Your poor little cat and the tiny brain! I'm glad she finally did make you friends again. I agree with you that the photo of our father with Bill's father is a great one. I'm also glad that Collin and dad can talk airplanes in arrest. What a hectic schedule you people have! Best of luck to you keeping up. I think you're pretty amazing.

Kayci said...

I love the different view you shared of the funeral. I especially liked Kaia and Kenda together. What great ladies.
The adventure to the hangar sounded so fun. I am glad your dad seemed more in his element there. His age and probably the events of the day were showing at the church when I saw him. Colin seems like such a great guy. I love that he can talk shop with your dad. So glad you had fun and got to visit with Bill’s family on your trip as well.
I hope the quick turn around in to regular life was successful. Love to all of you.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...