Five things on my brain:
School - always school. I don't know what I'm doing in Spanish 2 this week. I need to do some lesson planning! Also, budget cuts are a concern. My next-door neighbor, Luz, who is out on maternity leave, is on the chopping block unless there are enough other teachers who are willing to leave this year.
Bill - After lessening the pain in his SI joint, he is now well aware of what all of his doctors have been most concerned about: the osteoarthritis and disc degenerative disease in L2 through L4. More back surgery on the horizon?
My dreams - ha ha ha! It sounds silly to admit that after 50 years I am realizing that I too have dreams other than motherhood. Just two right now for myself. The first is to get a master's degree. (This desire is strong in Nielson women for some reason - my reason is to earn more money!) My second dream is to buy myself a car. I don't want a new car. I like my car. I have just never bought myself a car. I almost bought the Diamante from Dad, but when Faith was born Bill took over the payments and ended up paying more than half the cost. It's just something I want to do myself.
Faith & Collin - Faith turned 24 this week and Collin will turn 27 on Groundhog's Day, which makes me happy. I need to call a great restaurant in Reno to find out how to get a gift certificate to Collin. I miss them. Every weekend I think, "I could just drive up for the weekend!" But then I don't.
Emma Smith - I'm reading Mormon Enigma right now. Interesting. I take it in small bites. I used to want to meet Joseph Smith. These days I would be more interested in meeting Emma. (Or Lucy Mack!) Even though this gives more perspective on Emma, she didn't keep a journal and it's hard to see her as a real person. If life is about suffering, then she really got it right.
2 comments:
I LOVE your thoughts! I hope you and your neighbor survive funding cuts. I hope Bill finds ways through arthritic pain, and I'm so glad his SI joint is doing better! I loved hearing your dreams. (Always yes to education! We must belong to Patty and Glenda!) And I thought about Faith this week too. She shares a birthday with Frank and they are both on my calendar. Good to know Collin shares with Joel. I'm totally interested to hear more about the RLDS perspective on Emma! There is also a newer bio of Emma by Jenny Reeder who works in our church history department. I feel like she is getting more time and love from us now.
Your thoughts are important to me. I'm so glad you shared them. I want you to get your lesson plans done and also survive budget cuts. It's huge. I think it's funny you chose the title about what is too much. You are a wise person.
Post a Comment