Wednesday, January 15, 2025

Happy 2025!

 We are halfway through January and I'm not going to lie. 2025 has been pretty brutal so far. I have been sick for most of it. However, I'm doing much better this week and am doing my favorite thing to do at school: teach freshman how to conjugate verbs in Spanish. Yay me! I have a few new students this semester who have transferred in from other schools. I'm always interested to see where they decide to sit when I tell them to take an open seat where they are comfortable. I also always tell them my opinions about who is smart and has an open seat next to them and where I would sit if I were them. I learn a lot just from where they choose to sit.

Bill is starting off with a bang too. He is one year out from back surgery just today and is now scheduled for his first colonoscopy next month. His doctor got after him for waiting so long. He has been doing some fix-ups around the house that are really nice, like fixing the big crack in the ceiling upstairs.

Ivy's job seems to be getting easier for her. She submitted her application CSN high school. She won't have the time to have an associates degree before she graduates from high school like Faith, but she'll bag some more college credit before going to (probably) UNR.

Will has been working with a boring superintendent. It makes life harder. We sometimes talk about the best ways to meet girls. I tell him that I will help him swipe on Hinge, but he hates dating apps and wants to meet a girl in real life. The only problem is that he only spends time: 1. At worksites where there are only construction workers and precious few women at all and 2. At the gym where he refuses to be the creeper who approaches women. Life is hard.

These are my only pictures from the last two weeks.

Monday this week I was feeling better and had my voice back. You can't see it, but I'm wearing black pants with a floral (purple and light blue) motif on them.

New Year's Eve Bill and I went to an oyster bar together where I had a delicious bread bowl of clam chowder. I would go back for it even though it was overpriced.




2 comments:

Paige said...

I have another suggestion for dating. Tourist sites. They tend to hire young ladies for tour guides and cashiers. It's not creepy at all to do a tourist thing every now and then, meet a girl, and take her out.

I do so hope you get better quickly! I think your philosophies about placement in a room are fun. I wonder where I would place myself. I don't even recall. Maybe there was variety.

I'm impressed with Ivy's educational choices. I hope they have a cross-country team at CSN. She's really good at running.

HW said...

I love your reports on your people and I especially like when you write about teaching. Like I wanted details on where each kid chose to sit after the info you gave them! And I’m especially happy you are feeling better.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...