Monday, May 19, 2025

Winding down the school year

 Last Thursday Ivy took the AP Spanish test. I'm so proud of her! She said it was, "okay." She wanted to get the Nevada Seal of Biliteracy which is a medallion to wear at graduation if she passed. Can't wait to see!!! 


Yesterday Ivy remembered that she likes art. I'm so glad. She is makes some really neat things. (This was a non-consensual picture. Can you tell?)

Bill and I went out to eat with our old neighbors Pat and Rose before they head up to Washington for the summer. 
This was me being scared at the grocery store (I really did jump) because while I was looking at the toilet paper, I caught a big man coming at me from behind! Below is a picture of him.

This is me wearing a shirt, a jeans vest and a black hoodie sweater which I wear every day at school because my room is FREEZING! I have been taking everything off the walls of my room, which always makes me a little bit sad. We have to get ready to move out the portables when school starts in the fall.
I have a student whose mother taught Faith science in middle school. He brought me a gift "from his mom," that really made my day last week. She changed her appearance so dramatically since teaching Faith that I didn't recognize her AT ALL when I saw her at open house. (Losing weight and going from black hair to blonde.)

1 comment:

Paige said...

Awwww… The end of the school year is punctuation both for your life and for your emotions, isn't it? That's really funny about not recognizing a person who changed her appearance. I'm always a fan of a person who does art. Bilingual and art? Not sure I can handle brilliance coming from your house!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...