Sunday, May 4, 2025

Color in between the grays

 Work has been cold and busy. They have had the blowers working for the past month or more and wow those things are blowing cold air really hard into my room. Everyone says it's better than being hot, so I guess that's true. These last few weeks have been piñata weeks at school. At the end of April we worked on our paper Mache forms for our piñatas and then last week we decorated them. It's the best thing I remember from Miss Brown's Spanish class. The only other thing I really remember about her class was her yelling at us to sit up straight, "These are formative years for your backs!"

I actually made a small effort to take some pictures this week!


Monday was a staff development day so it was a light day for me. I even got to talk to Heather and Paige at the same time!

We now have a kitchen island that is perfect for puzzles and this one is my favorite puzzle that I currently own.

These girls sit in the coldest part of my room - back by my desk! I let them use my blanket every day I see them.

Later in the week I got to speak to M'Li who speaks so highly of being a grandmother that I'm really looking forward to it myself!

Will wears high visibility shirts every day. He comes home so dirty most days. Wednesday was totally different!

Bill decided to do a three day water fast. He literally went for 3 days without anything to eat except for water. On day 2.5 he did decide to put some salt in his water to replace some electrolytes, which he said made a big difference. Crazy!!

Yesterday I had acrylic nails put on because after the move and some of our landscaping, my fingernails were in a very sad state - embarrassingly sad. I went with round tips instead of square and I really regret it. Oh well, they do look much better than before!

Today we have gray skies and rain. If you look at my pictures, it's a bit like the inside of my house (and the optometrist's office.) If I'm the one choosing, it's blue skies and color all week long!

Tomorrow I will proctor the AP Biology exam instead of teaching Spanish. It's starting to seem like a bad deal for me, but I will be able to leave work early and not have to hang out in my super cold classroom :)

2 comments:

HW said...

I think you should watch Stand and Deliver tonight in honor of those AP test takers. And I hope you get sunshine this week! Why else live in Southern Nevada, right? I loved seeing the faces you saw.

Paige said...

How did the FA go? What changes did he observe? Good things? Bad things? I am glad he replaced electrolytes. People in Las Vegas just do that regularly. you are so cute no matter where we find you. I'm glad you have an island that fits well. A jigsaw puzzle is very mom thing, isn't it? Now, you're taking it, and owning it. I think your kids are going to say it's a very "You" thing.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...