Sunday, January 4, 2026

Goodbye 2025 and Welcome to whatever this is, 2026

My review of 2025 is mostly a pictorial one in the following collages.

January - Faith turned 24
Feb - Visit from Ladd bros, Will's 20th b-day, B&K trip to Sacramento, Will bought a truck
March - Bill's 52nd birthday, visited Bill's parents in UT, put the house on the market
April - Still freezing at school, saw Paige Ladd, moved to Sandpiper Village Way
May - Faith & Collin revealed to us they were going to have a baby! KJ & Ivy visited Papa Fred & Marj for Papa Fred's 88th b-day
June - B&K left for Euorpe
July - B&K came home from Europe, Ivy turned 17
August - Ivy started her senior year, Faith and Collin announced to everyone they were expecting
September - we all traveled to RNO for Faith & Collin's baby shower, I turned 51
October - Ivy ran and ran. She also went to 2 homecomings
November - Faith & Collin made one last visit to Las Vegas while Ivy and Bill traveled to Reno for the state XC meet, Will's friends started coming home from missions and I went on HRT.
December - baby Charlotte was born!! KJ traveled to Reno to play and help

It's good to remember that there were many wonderful things about 2025 because it's too easy to remember the many times it kicked my butt.

We started 2026 out with an outing to the wetlands park. It was cool, but nice out.

Also, Will moved out to his own apartment just yesterday. We are all still getting used to the idea that he doesn't live here anymore. It's a lot for Bill and me. It's starting to be too sparsely populated around these parts!! However, we are excited for Will to have a new adventure and hope it goes well. 

We only hear good things from Reno. Faith, Collin and Charlotte are spending days trying to get more and more endurance. More walking for Faith and more hours between feedings for Charlotte. She was doing so well when I left (back to her birth weight) that they told Faith she didn't have to worry about waking her up to feed her anymore. Charlotte has decided differently and wants company and FOOD during the night :)

Today Ivy, Bill and I hiked Sloan canyon's petroglyph trail. It was good to get out and move and I'll have to post pictures of the petroglyphs when my Google account syncs the pictures. Ivy is wanting to go hiking more and more. She is definitely turning into her father's daughter!


2 comments:

Paige said...

I'm so happy about the hiking. Aren't the petroglyphs wonderful? I'm actually very impressed that modern people have been as respectful as they are. I love each collage that you made, and the fact that I'm in one of them! That was a very challenging week as you were moving. You were a great person to put up with the visit. Right in the middle of the move too. I liked seeing my sons in your blog as you all went shooting together. You have done such amazing things. I'm so glad that Charlotte is gaining weight. The social side of her makes me laugh. Quite possibly she got that from her grandmother on the Evans side.

HW said...

Your trip and Faith's baby were just amazing this year! But that is a whole lot of other living you squished into those photos! I had to wait until I was on my desktop to see all the details and comment. When you said Will moved out on his own I got a little teary for you. He will do awesome, of course. And so will Ivy. But let's just not think about that yet!!!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...