It was a great week! We got to go back to school this week. Even my students were excited to be back at school and they all tried hard to do their best for me this week. It was the perfect week to learn to conjugate!
School was a little bit harder for Ivy. Her to-do list has gotten too long with lifeguarding lessons, all the college/writing prep for UNR, her big class load and running again.
It was a long week of Keto for Bill. He's trying to lose a few pounds of holiday weight even though he looks great. He is feeling a bit outnumbered with Will gone. He tried to tell us he needed a haircut this week and Ivy and I begged him not to because his curls look so good. He's missing Will a lot.
Will still hasn't met one of his roommates. The good news is that neither of his roommates are fighting him for kitchen space. They have put nothing in the fridge or kitchen cabinets. The bad news is that he has to park a ways away from his apartment and is regularly approached by "tweakers" who need money/drugs. When he's not dressed for work, people ask him what he is doing in that area and when he is dressed for work drug addicts assume he's homeless and come to him for money.
Some Great things from this week were:
- Getting some bougie Cherry blossom green tea from my friend, Chin (the Chinese teacher at GV). Ivy had me saying, "Cherry blossom iced tea," from Kittyfish :)
- Will got vaccinated on Wednesday to be ready to see Charlotte on Saturday. I got to talk to him about it as he waited to not faint at Walgreens. He updated me on his super-sketchy neighborhood and invisible roommates.
- We went to the shelter in Pahrump where we found Luna and saw a bunch of really cute cats that we didn't take home. It brought back a lot of sweet memories of our sweet kitty cat.
- Bill and I walked almost every evening this week. That's a great part of the day for me.
- Bill and I didn't walk on Thursday night because of the cold and how tired I was and I regretted it. It's always easier to sleep when we walk and I just love having the time together with Bill. Some people need a weekly date. It turns out I need a daily one.
- We had sauerkraut and franks for dinner Friday night. I still regret this too :) It was canned sauerkraut and the franks were just dumb hot dogs.
- Seeing Faith, Collin and Charlotte in Pahrump on Saturday!!!! They drove down to see the lake in Badwater (south part of Death Valley) as there isn't always a lake there. They stayed in Pahrump on Saturday night so we got to take them out for a hibachi-style dinner (thank you, Papa Fred!) and then played with Charlotte in their hotel room and ate pink box donuts that Will bought for everyone. So much fun!!

.png)
3 comments:
Oh I just love how holding a baby softens everyone’s face. Charlotte looks perfect and I’m so glad you guys got to see her. And what a prize to go with Will to get vaccines. I was inspired and got vaccines JUST IN CASE I might ever be close enough to consider visiting with that girl! I’m also glad you got to go back to school and that it’s so happy for you. Dumb hot dogs! Ha!
The collage of pictures featuring Charlotte was worth going back a second time. Actually,. A third time. She's already holding her head up and looking around. What a month will do! I'm so glad your husband kept his curls a little bit longer. Having a junior or senior year is just plain tiring. There's no person who doesn't feel that way. Tell Ivy, she is grand and everybody loves her. It's so funny hearing the details about your son's first apartment on his own. I hope Will gets used to it.
Also, Will must look a step up from homeless when he is dressed for work, or the tweakers wouldn’t think he might have money. Sometimes these things don’t make sense though.
Post a Comment