Sunday, January 25, 2026

Hike of the Week

 It was a rough week, but there were some great things that happened.

Faith turned 25! Which seems old enough to be married and have a baby now :) At 25 Faith loves to craft still.  She crochets, recently made hand and footprint ornaments of Charlotte's hands and feet for family, and is busily making her condo perfect with Collin. They are great together. I love to watch how they enjoy each other, help each other and are learning to take care of Charlotte together. They are very sweet parents. Collin especially :) Faith will return to work on February 11. I will be excited to see her every morning again. Her hours will work out great with Collins for taking care of Charlotte.

Bill and I hiked the Kingman Wash trail this week toward the Colorado River. It was a great hike. We had planned on doing the Boulder City Railway Trail, but missed the exit, so we improvised and it was great.

I love how resilient the desert flora is here. I'm always surprised to see barrel cacti growing out of rocks. These dandelions were so determined too. I love it.

I just love these desert landscapes and rocks. As we hiked out I stopped to look around a lot. It was a very picturesque hike for someone who loves the desert.


Bill and I did manage to get a selfie with the Mike-O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge in the distance.

I didn't get to talk to Will this week and I didn't get to teach any grammar to my Spanish 1 students. I'm going to do better next week!

2 comments:

Paige said...

There's nothing I love better than pictures of rocks and flowers. Thank you so much for providing them. I just hope everything good happens for Faith and Colin and their little family. What great people they are!

HW said...

A feast for the eyes! I love that your thing with Bill is walking and hiking together. And the wildflowers were wonderful! I looked closely and I'm not convinced they were dandelions, but that's okay. The report on Faith and Colin and Charlotte is a good one. It makes me like all of them more--IF that were possible!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...