Monday, April 13, 2026

Halfway through the last quarter of school

 I just can't remember most of what happened last week, which is probably for the best because I spent the whole week stuffed up and a little sick. I went to school anyway because that's what makes me happy.

Ivy went to Prom with a big group of friends on Friday. She told a guy, "no" when he asked her to go with him, but they ended up in the same group anyway and Ivy ended up trying to avoid him all night long. She had fun anyway. The girls were all her best friends, so it was a win. True to form, Ivy didn't put much work into finding a dress. On Wednesday she asked if we could go dress shopping for 40 minutes. If we didn't find a dress, then she wouldn't go to Prom. I think she was more excited about the boots than the dress, but we found a good one that looked cute on her at Ross. She's a pretty easy kid.

This weekend I also finished binding the quilt we made her for graduation out of her t-shirts.  Kayce quilted it and I think it turned out really cute. It's starting to get real that she's graduating and leaving us.

Will came to dinner last night. It was good to see him. He is really learning the value of a meal that someone cooks for you. He has decided not to renew his lease this summer as rent is going up by $200/month and he thinks he can do better and get into a better neighborhood. That means he'll be moving at the end of July.

News from the north is that Charlotte is putting everything in her mouth now. She is growing quickly and her parents are enjoying her just like they should be. (If they didn't love every minute, we might have to step in and rectify things!) Faith is starting month 2 without a co-anchor and we hope that she gets one soon. It's a lot to do the news on your own.

Bill and I are starting to plan our move away from Henderson, but first I have to get through piñatas with my students! And the end of the year! And all the things I haven't taught them before they move on to the next Spanish class! I start to feel a little desperate at the end of the year like sand is slipping through my fingers and I can't stop it.

2 comments:

Paige said...

For some reason, I keep wanting to see a cowboy hat with those cute boots and prom dress. I hope Faith can keep up with her baby and the news while still retaining her sanity. I also hope she gets plenty of sleep… But maybe that's the hill too far. I'm right with you wanting to pack all the into the end of a semester, but it isn't realistic. Tell Ivy, I still appreciate that she let me break a yellow bumblebee on my birthday. She is a good piñata maker. Oh, how I hope Will finds a better place to live. One with a cut out of some kind would be ideal.

HW said...

I'm loving the boots too! And how fun that I sent you that Ross video this week even before I knew the source of her dress. She looks way better than that video would imply. I love the quilt! I hope Ivy does too. I'm so glad I called you the other day and got some of this news first hand. I want to be a fly on the wall of your class for the last push. I bet it's going to be really fun because YOU are fun!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...