Sunday, April 5, 2026

Here's that one thing I forgot to tell you. Oh, nevermind I just forgot it again.

 This morning I was thinking about Dad and what my blog post would be about him. It was going to be really good, but it turns out that I was asleep when I was thinking about it and now I can't remember it. Instead, maybe I can write about all the things I'm forgetting about. Well, maybe not ALL the things, because who can remember all the things they're forgetting?

I easily forget about all the things I don't want to do. It makes me irresponsible, but maybe I like my life more? I was supposed to go pick up my glasses case (because I made it out of a handkerchief that M'Li brought me from Japan) from the dentist. This is a two for one - I forgot it at the dentist's office, and then I forgot to pick it up for about 2 weeks. I finally had to put an alarm on my phone to remember to do it.

I must want to have dinner enough to not forget to make it! Yay me! I keep making dinner even though last night I forgot to go to the store to get the guacamole for our Henderson burritos. That's okay because I had avocados, which are even better than guacamole.

Bill went to Reno this week and Ivy went to California this weekend for a track meet. I was a little scared of being home alone because I get lonely, but guess what!! I forgot to not have fun alone. I just had a karaoke dance party all by myself Friday night and it was lots of fun. 

Maybe growing up is just a bunch of forgetting and that's what sort of pulls us through when we can't be 100% on top of the game anymore. hahaha!

Wish me luck I'm making Easter lunch right now for the family. I hope I didn't forget anything!


3 comments:

HW said...

I especially liked how you forgot to not have fun alone and just did it anyway! Hahahahaha! Actually I liked and related to all of it. I think Dad will like this too. ;) How did the Easter lunch turn out?

Faith Justis said...

I have had the EXACT same thing happen to me!! I’ll have a dream about an awesome poem that I’ve written, or a math equation that I solved… and then I wake up…

I can’t wait for the day that I just forget about things that I don’t want to do. They tend to loom over me, casting a dark pall over every moment that I choose to do something enjoyable instead.

Paige said...

You are so hilarious!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...