Our next door neighbors to us when we lived in Cavendish Way have been like family to us. Pat and Rose went to Faith's choir concerts in middle school, gave us Washington apples every year in the fall when they came back from their other home in Washington state and lemons from their lemon tree here in Henderson in the winters.
Pat called Bill this evening to let him know that Rose died last Monday on April, 20th. We hurried right over to see him and offer our condolences. Their oldest daughter, Lisa, was there with her son, Chris. I was relieved to hear that Lisa had been here for awhile to help out before Rose checked out. Bill and I had been over to see them a couple of months ago as we knew that Rose was struggling. It was sad to see her not remember us and look so fragile.
Anyway, this post is for Rose who put up with her husband who talked non-stop and often right over her, but they had been together for over 50 years and loved each other dearly anyway :) It's for our sweet neighbor who when we had them over to eat, she would bring something big and delicious for us even though I was supposed to be doing the cooking. It's for our "other grandmother" who hoped that Faith would date their grandson, Sam (they were both interested, but too shy and young to figure that out.)
May your rest be angelic and your peace as a river. Just like your kindness.

3 comments:
Oh this is sweet and dear! I love grandparent neighbors. I'm so sorry she stopped remembering you before she left. In a perfect world we would not lose our memory until we were already gone.
I love your parting words to your beautiful friend. I hope everybody gets somebody like you and the end of their life. What a treasure. Both for you and for them. What a tribute. I feel like I know them, now.
I'm glad you included a photo of the four of you together.
Post a Comment