Saturday, May 9, 2026

Best Week of the Year

 Piñata week at school is the week before teacher appreciation week and Mother's Day. It's a lot! But it's a lot of fun too! I had some students make some really cute piñatas. I will have to take a picture of my room once I have all the piñatas hung up that are staying in my classroom.

A group of 3 girls made this cute dinosaur.

Ivy had an ortho appointment early in the week. They repositioned brackets and one came off. Now we have to go again to get it put back on. She has been relentless with the studying. Between getting ready for the AP calculus test, looking for and interviewing for jobs in Reno, and finishing the painting of my Mother's Day gift (I'll show you when it's done!!!) this last stretch of high school has been pretty stressful. I have to keep reminding myself to stop asking to take her picture. It's too much!!


Don't tell anyone, but the Chinese teacher and I took off cinco de mayo together to go have brunch and hang out. We ate at a cute French cafe and then wandered around my favorite used book store, The Copper Cat together. 

The food was pretty and tasty too. I had the breakfast sandwich and the matcha latte and she had the avacado toast and black fruity iced tea. We have known each other since Covid. She taught online at Basic with me that covid year and then moved to Green Valley High School, so it was nice to have a friend already there at GVHS when I came over.


Happy Mother's Day! I'm off to get my shingles booster today. Another remembrance of my mom. Perfect for this weekend. 

2 comments:

HW said...

All these details are so poignant as you’re getting ready to jump off the diving board of Ivy’s graduation. Where are the piñatas you’re keeping going to go when you move? I love that you took a day for beautiful food and friendship on cinco de mayo. That avocado toast was so pretty!

Paige said...

I'm not sure my little head can handle all the ironies: a Spanish teacher taking off Cinco de Mayo. She went to a French café. She took for a company an oriental teacher of the Chinese language.

Your meal looks totally dreamy!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...