Sunday, May 3, 2026

Just try this

Green Chili Casserole

 Have you made green chili German pancakes? They are my favorite thing and you should do it if you haven't. Also, I really love to drink a Dr. Pepper Cream Soda with them. (But I'm the only one who likes to do this.)

Ingredients:

6 eggs (yolks and whites separated)

1 cup milk

1 cup flour

1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
5 Tbsp butter

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin

4-5 whole green peppers (from a can)

Make German pancake batter, but fluff up the whites of the eggs like merengue. Also, add some garlic powder, salt, pepper and cumin to the batter. While you're making that, melt some butter in your pan in the oven so it covers the bottom of the pan (like you do with German pancakes, right?)

Layer half of the batter on the bottom of your 9x11 casserole dish. Cut open the green peppers and layer them on top of the batter, cover with cheese, then layer the rest of the batter on top. Cook in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Top your piece with the Taco Bell Verde Salsa (or whatever green salsa you like).

Mango margaritas for dessert with Tajín around the rim of the glass.

2 comments:

HW said...

This sounds amazing! I'm doubtful I would put effort into making it because I shouldn't eat the dairy.

Paige said...

You have taken a food we all like and turned it Mexican. Even better!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...