Tuesday, May 29, 2012

From Our Sunday Walk

This is a sketch of our street. It's kind of a horseshoe street.  Ours is the teal green.  Our next-door neighbors on the corner (dark green) are Rose and Pat.  They are retired and are really good at home improvements.  They'll spend the summer at their other home in Washington state.  Just a few weeks ago they gave us a huge plate of brownies.  Great neighbors.

On our other side are a couple near our age with an 11 year old girl named KC and a seven year old girl named Katie.  The mother's name is Christa.  We all agree that we should be BFF's.  But we aren't.

We also have new neighbors that moved in at the end of the street (neon green).  Arsen and Natalia both have accents and Bill and I are guessing that they are from an eastern bloc country like Poland or Bulgaria.  They have twin five year olds, a boy and a girl.

The turquoise blue house is our Bishop's house.  They have 4 kids.  One is a boy Faith's age and one is a boy just younger than Will.  Great family.  The bishop's wife asked me if I wanted to carpool to middle school since next year we'll both have one in middle school (her oldest will be in high school).  I politely declined as I plan on sending Faith on the bus...no way am I driving if there is a bus for her to ride!

The only other neighbor we know so far is Opel (navy blue).  She is Asian and says she's an interior decorator, but she works nights...we're not sure how that works.

This is a view of our little Street.  Our house is second from the right.
Our house number is 1831.  (Plus, I thought Faith had a pretty cool hairdo)
Our Street
Our house.  We just planted the Mexican Pipe Organ cactus, but Bill thinks we need maybe a Pigmy Date Palm there.
We like our neighborhood.

6 comments:

HW said...

Oh! You DO love me! Thank you for posting. I especially loved the diagram and the pictures. Best are pictures with you in them. I think you are really cute. And Faith too, of course. It made me wonder if I should post about my neighbors.

Paige said...

Ok. It's pretty pathetic when someone writes, "Our house is second from the right," and I find myself saying, "Now, which way is right?" I love your illustration of who lives where. Very hands on and nifty. So, that man named Arsen -- sort of unfortunate if you say it out loud, isn't it?

Rachael said...

I think it's really great you're documenting pictures of your street, neighbors, etc. That's something I rarely do - and then we move and years later I miss the views and forget how everything was - esp in CT.

Hugs, Mom said...

You and Faith are gorgeous. I love your darker hair. The pictures of your neighborhood are so clear and lovely. It must have been evening with all those lovely shadows. Thanks for taking us along on your Sunday walk!

HW said...

Faith is looking like she may have inherited your sassy. You've always had the perfect amount.

Kayci said...

This is such a good idea. What a way to remember neighbors! I like your hair and Faith's, and night time interior decorating??? All I could think was "They live near Vegas." Who knows?

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...