Meanwhile, Ramon is here finishing up our patio and Bill has been working crazy hours. I finally ordered curtains for the kitchen over the internet (hopefully we'll love them!) and decided to go with cheap curtains that have great reviews.
Faith is missing school this week to play with Katy. Will missed two days. We're calling it a vacation. Ivy desperately needs more sleep and wants to party just as much as anybody else.
We're off to Faith's softball game tonight. Pictures to come!
Our first activity with the Aillerys was swimming in our cold pool. It was cute to see that the younger the kid, the less they cared how cold the water was.
In the foreground of this picture you can see the pavestones piled up ready to place.
These are the four eldest Aillery children: Lynnea, who plays the organ for her ward at church and is going to BYU-Idaho to study organ; Miles, who is 13 and has Ivy in love with him; Anna, 16 and full of fun with lovely long locks; Bobby, 14 who likes computers and driving his mother batty.
The picture bench outside Ethel M. chocolates. I think the chocolate factory was the highlight of their visit to us. This is a family that loves chocolate!
Doesn't Katy blend nicely with our kids? If I were to have had a child 11 months after Faith, I would have wanted the child to be Katy...but maybe they wouldn't be best friends if that happened, in which case things turned out perfectly.
The kids spotted this snake in the cactus gardens. Does anybody know what kind it is? Paige?
The walk up to the bridge over the Hoover Dam was windy and all the Aillerys took a turn carrying Ivy for us because I was too mean to do it.
It was fun finding the state border up on the bridge. We all took turns straddling the state line.
7 comments:
Friends who make time for you, work for you -- and with you. That's priceless.
I just like knowing the Aillerys are there. That they exist and are doing their thing. And it is especially good that they visited you. How much school do your kids have left? Mine feel like they are missing nothing if they are gone these days. Their last day is the 23rd.
I loved the pictures! It looks like Ivy took a shine to the Aillerys. That's lucky.
Did anyone climb on the green statues? We used to try.
What fun pictures. Amazing how kids grow up while you're not looking. I wouldn't have recognized them. Your kids, especially Faith, look blissful. I vote YES for chocolate with the Allerys. Also, we didn't even know there was a stairway up to the bridge. Cool!
What a fun visit!
How great that they could come visit!
Post a Comment