On our dates, Bill and I mostly go out to eat. If there is something we really want to see in a theater maybe we'll go to a movie. Last week we went to a restaurant within walking distance, had a great dinner with a fabulous view of Las Vegas and walked home together. That was a really good one.
Last night we went on a date that reminded me of my uber-healthy sisters. We ate salmon at home with the kids, walked to the gym to work out, walked home and discussed super wealthy people and some of the things they have done with their wealth (like Bill and Melinda Gates whose charity will be responsible for eradicating polio from planet Earth in just a few years' time) and then watched a sweet made-for-tv movie.
Some dates are better than others. The other night we went window shopping and then walked around Henderson's downtown area. Not that what we did wasn't fun, but I wore the wrong shoes. Most of our dates include a walk, which I highly recommend. When I look back at my walking partners, I consider all of them some of my best friends. I'm glad that my walking partner is my husband these days.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
5 comments:
I so enjoy being considered uber-healthy -- even when I'm not. Maybe I should have had salmon today instead of a burger and birthday cake. You've inspired me to improve.
Married dating is the best. Your post made me want to write about ours.
What great ideas! We'll have to try a walking date. I am glad we aren't the only ones who's dating revolves around food mainly.
I love this post. Makes me think about my dates with Greg. I think we love the dinner aspect so much because you get to eat alone without any interuptions for bites of clean up or noise. Heaven!
And I'm with you on the walks. We go on one together every night regardless of dates. Makes the day end very sweet.
What a happy post. It's especially dear that Bill is one of your walking partners / best friends.
We are in Nevada now. We didn't leave Alpine until 11 am. Good trip. Off to my High School reunion in Taylor AZ tomorrow. See you Sunday!
Post a Comment