I have thought a lot about how my mother always said it would have been great to have a pool when they lived in Nevada. I think about it because we have used ours so much this summer. This is the first non-Sunday that we didn't swim in it this summer. It has been wonderful at keeping us cool in this freaky heat.
My other reason for posting this is because I love the swimming suit I'm wearing in the photos below. I got it from Walmart.com for about $30. It's modest, comfortable and flattering (if that's even possible in a swimming suit.) I liked it so much that I was going to do a whole post about my favorite things about Walmart and have this be the top thing. (Don't worry, I'm not going there today.)
Below is Will's new swimming suit. We got it for him because it came with a swim shirt to protect those little shoulders. He refuses to wear the shirt. And notice how he has to fold the top over to keep them up. Yesterday he wore them folded over twice, and they still fell off a little bit in the water. However, he refuses to wear his other swimming suit anymore because it has flowers on it and he doesn't want bees chasing him. Whatever.
And this is Faith's Walmart swimming suit. Isn't she adorable? Another good reason to have a pool in our backyard: I don't have to take her to the public pool where guys might gawk.
Ivy's hand prints on the wall. She was "painting." I remember painting the driveway with water when I was little and being so disappointed at how fast my paintings evaporated.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
5 comments:
It's wonderful that you are enjoying your pool in such stylish duds. But why on earth didn't you swim today? It was hot here. I can only imagine it was hotter there. LOVE y'all!
Before I even read any words I was thinking what a great bunch of swimming suits. Yours is especially fab! I want to go to WalMart with YOU. You have a gift for finding great style no matter where you shop.
And holy cow. Faith has such a cute little body. No wonder you want to keep her home.
I looked at photos twice before reading. Loved all of it. Just adore the people in the photos. I almost even want to get in the pool now. I've only done that 3 times this summer, although I'm good on weekly maintenance. (And the 2 of the 3 times I went it was during maintenance time.)
Love the suit! Nice choice.
And I'm eagerly awaiting a future post about all your favorite things about Walmart :) I grew to very much appreciate that store when we lived in CT and the nearest one with food (and the diapers I wanted) was almost 2 hours away. I have never complained about the store since...
Cute cute suits! This looks like such fun. It makes me want a pool.
Post a Comment