Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Splurging

There are certain parts of my life with Bill that are a little bit complicated, but for the most part, Bill and I try extremely hard to live simply.  Most of the time when fall comes around I refuse to sign my kids up for anything.  I don't do fundraising for schools - ever.  We refuse to have car payments, even if it means driving old cars that aren't fashionable.  Neither of us enjoy owning a home very much because it makes our lives more complicated with home improvements and caring about the state of the housing market. 

But everyone splurges once in a while, right?  So I was thinking about the things we have been splurging on lately...

  • I'm not sending Ivy to preschool.  I get her all to myself until kindergarten.  And I'm determined to not feel bad about it!
  • Bill recently paid Will $15 to watch him leave cookies on a neighbor's doorstep (doorbell ditching them, of course) while wearing Faith's pink backpack full of books and the ankle weights on his legs - all to see if he could get away in time with all that extra weight.
  • In August Bill took me on a fancy date to the Top of The World restaurant, which rotates at the top of The Stratosphere.
Now that's some pretty good fun!

3 comments:

Paige said...

The pink backpack on your red headed husband -- and ankle weights. I'm still laughing, and I don't even have pictures. (Maybe the mental images are best, anyway.) Did he get away before they saw him?

HW said...

Hooray, hooray! It's working! My selfish plan is working! I loved your splurges. I think it's especially cute that NOT doing preschool is a splurge for you.

Hugs, Mom said...

Choose your splurges and make them fun. Way to go!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...