Monday, April 29, 2013

Making Faith More Perfect

Today after school the kids and I went to Savers.  We were looking for some hiking boots for Will to wear in the second grade play.  We didn't find any, but Will found LEGOS!! And they were only $4 for a big bag.  It was hard to say no to that.  So we decided to buy a bag of Legos, a $4 bag of dollies for Ivy and a $4 purse for Faith.  When we got home we decided that we would make charts for the kids so that they could earn the stuff we got at Savers and after two weeks, they could have their "new" stuff.  Will needed to make a personal hygiene chart for Cub Scouts anyway and it was easy to make a "helping mommy" chart for Ivy.  When we got to Faith's chart, I was wracking my brains trying to think of things that she could do to earn her purse.  As Faith watched and talked to me about it she said, "Mom, it seems like you're grasping at straws here...uh, what doesn't Faith do?  Ummm, make dinner?"  The funny thing was that she was totally right.  I gave up and just gave her the purse and told her to keep on being good.


3 comments:

Hugs, Mom said...

What terrific finds you found at Savers. I'm just sorry that I wasn't there too!

Aunt Janene and I did our DI thing today. I looked for a John Nance book for Dad, but didn't find one. However I did find 3 books for me.

Paige said...

She talks like a grown up. Of course, that's no big surprise. Why not take a photo of Faith with her "keep being good" purse?

HW said...

Oh, I loved this. She IS totally a grown up. And I loved the title. It had me all prepared for a conference talk. Maybe that was what made me giggle so much when I got to the punch line.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...