Monday, May 5, 2014

Bumps and Bruises

A week and a half ago I went to the temple while Ivy was a lunch bunch. When I got back to my car, there were many messages on my phone from Luke's mom. Ivy and Luke had been racing and Ivy had fallen on her face. I called (even though school had already started - I was a couple hours late getting the messages - for the update. Amy told me that it was pretty bad and she didn't know if Ivy was going to feel well enough to go to school, but that she was acting just fine by the time school started even though she looked pretty beat up. I was glad that it happened on Amy's watch instead of mine - she's a nurse and can handle the blood. After school at pick-up, Amy told me how bad she felt and that she really try hard to get Luke to feel bad for tripping her, but he just didn't. I loved her honesty. Isn't that just how kids are? They feel how they feel.

It was a little bit crazy because her knees and hands were fine.  I think she just really took the brunt of the fall on her face - poor thing!

Anyway, she's all better now with new skin and everything. It's pretty amazing how quickly children heal from these things.

2 comments:

HW said...

Poor little Ivy! I'm so glad she healed. I love seeing both you and Bill in her face.

Hugs, Mom said...

I didn't really understand Ivy's note until I saw this picture and read this blog. That was really some fall!!!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...