Monday, May 5, 2014

CCSD Poetry Jam

Faith loves poetry. She loves to read it and make it too. Last week she participated in the Clark County School District's Poetry Jam and got a $50 gift card from her school for being the only one from Bob Miller MS to participate! The librarian of the school, Mr. Hensely, said wonderful things to me about Faith as well so it was a great time. I was really concerned about having to sit through this poetry thing because I don't always enjoy poetry as much as Faith, and sitting through middle school poetry? It sounded a little bit painful. I was delightfully surprised! I truly enjoyed each one - probably because there weren't too many of them, but each one did great. One of my favorites wrote a poem about one of my favorite cartoons: Adventure Time. My other favorite read three poems because she could - she was the only one from her school to show up. She wrote the last one (which was especially good) the day of the jam. What a fun girl my Faith is!


You can't see it because of the poster, but her shirt says, "Normal is Boring."  She bought it last week too.
P.S. Sorry about the bad phone pictures...

2 comments:

HW said...

That Faith. How can she be so cool? Most middle schoolers don't even get that Indie is cool.

Hugs, Mom said...

I'm so impressed with Faith's poetic talent! It's such a beautiful way to express yourself. Yeah Faith!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...