Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

To my mother who gave me life, love, and continues to teach and nurture me.


She also happens to be one of the smartest people I know. I'm so grateful that Dad wasn't intimidated by her strength and smarts.
To my sisters who are inspirational mothers and have also mothered me quite a bit :)



Paige amazes me with her patience as a mother. The day this picture was taken was one of my favorites with Paige quite simply because I got to see first-hand how things were just "right" when Will's mom came back to him.  Paige has helped me with broken hearts in elementary school, academic advice in high school and college, and then she gave us Azya to play with when we were still living close!! How I love being an Auntie. Thank you, Paige!

Heather is my one sister that my children have mistaken for me. I think it's definitely our faces, but there's something on the inside that is very similar too. She is tender like me, but much more lovely than I am. :) I remember when Willa was born how much I enjoyed watching her love her baby. She also was the one to be my impromptu mother when I was getting ready in the temple after marrying Bill. She has always been the right one to have on your side when it comes to beautification!


I have always admired what an amazing champion M'Li is for her children. They are so lucky to have her on their side. M'Li was on my side too growing up and saved my life (probably more than once.) She is one of the bravest people I know.
To my sweet Mother-In-Law

I'm so grateful to have the sweetest mother-in-law on the planet. I love to watch her with her grandchildren. They all know that she loves them unconditionally. And isn't she pretty?

To my husband who gave me the three greatest gifts at my house and made me a mother in doing so


 He's got some good genetic material to work with.

To my children. I wouldn't be a mother without them
The greatest Mother's Day gift is getting to be their mom - every day. I can't believe my good luck.

5 comments:

Kayci said...

This is beautiful! How thoughtful and tender. You are so full of good. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

HW said...

This was so tender. You have the kindest words, and seriously are SO lovely. I've always thought you were more than me.

Paige said...

Thanks for including me -- and also Will back when he would let people take a photo of him.

Your way of enjoying your kids is a quiet reminder to me that it's possible to do that every day and every year. To enjoy is as much of a verb as any other activity. I particularly need that kind of reminder.

Hugs, Mom said...

Precious Kirsta! Thanks for this post. You excel at gratitude. We all feel loved when you're around! I'm so blessed to be your Mom!

Rachael said...

You always say things in the best way.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...