Sunday, July 5, 2015

Update

One of our favorite places to visit here is the Bellagio. We love The Conservatory where they put together amazing arrangements with flowers and change them each season. While there, we always like to visit the fountains to see the dancing waters too. Last week we paid a visit to The Conservatory where they had an underwater theme.   Between the flora, fountains, and hotel, my children could happily work here. Faith would love to help design and install the new flower arrangements and Will thought it sounded like a fun job to choreograph the dancing waters (and then Ivy has told us that she wants to own hotels when she grows up :))

This summer Bill got new glasses. A couple of weeks ago on the way home from church he told us a funny story. There is a man in our ward who is in the Stake Presidency, but comes to our ward often enough that he and Bill have been in High Priests together many times. This man came up to Bill in the hallway and asked some interesting questions.  He started asking where the Elder's Quorum meets and said that he heard that we were moving soon.  Bill was confused by the whole thing until I told him that I absolutely sure that he had mistaken Bill for Brother Tranchell, who has glasses that are very similar to Bill's new ones.  I have been chuckling about it ever since.


This is Ivy with the haircut I gave her at the beginning of the summer that wasn't very good.  A stylist fixed it for me last week.  She is almost seven and wants a turtle for her birthday.


Will and Ivy posed for me so we could see their cute new haircuts.  This summer I was going to just let Will's hair grow and grow until he begged me to get it cut...but that didn't work out. I cried, "Uncle," way before he did.

The stylist who cut Ivy's hair had curly hair.  That turned out serendipidously! She gave Ivy layers and then thinned it out for me and gave me great advice of how to handle her curly hair with her tender head.  She said that we should get a "wet brush" and brush it out in the shower after giving it a good condition.  She also said that it's okay if all the conditioner doesn't get washed out of her hair and to style it with plenty of mousse.  So far life is better using these new tools with this cute haircut.


We really love her long hair, but waist-length hair (which is what she was sporting by the end of the school year) is just too hard on this tender-headed little lady.

No picture of Faith, but she is busy with summer school, volunteering at the library and learning to play the piano.  Piano lessons have really taken with her this time around. She is picking songs out of the Hymn Book and Children's Songbook that she wants to learn to play.

4 comments:

HW said...

Cute, cute curly hair cut! Why is it that the top layers are never as curly as the bottom ones? Eve and I both have straight-isn on top and fairly curly on the bottom.

Thank you for blogging!! Wyatt wondered if you knew that it had been almost a month...

Hugs, Mom said...

What a blessing it is to read your words and see pictures of your family growing up. Love Ivy's and Will's new cuts. I am especially glad Ivy's is more friendly for her tender head. I remember when I was a little girl crying as mother braided my long hair every day. I had a tender head too. Ouch! How like Faith to have a full schedule. Happy piano lessons! And Bill looks distinguished in his glasses. THANKS FOR BLOGGING!

Paige said...

Faith looks so beautiful in that first photo, having fun with the siblings. I love Ivy's hair however it comes, but yes, it can be a struggle between pain and beauty. Will's "all in" attitude is one of the most refreshing things on this blog -- he's always keen on whatever is truly important during the moment he's living, and it shows on his face. What a guy. You didn't put a photo of you in the post, but I loved your reaction to the "glasses make the man . . . um, the wrong man" story.

Paige said...

Ivy's cheesy smile with the raisin box is so adorable.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...