Until yesterday afternoon, my week was pretty much a bust...BUT there have been little moments all week long that have kept me going.
On Monday night when I was putting Ivy to bed, I got this urge to blow a raspberry on her belly. When I told her that it would really make my day if I could do that, she was more than willing to let me. It was by far the best part of my day. Then Bill and I went on a walk. That changed things around even more.
On Tuesday I subbed Senior English at Faith's school, which was just about what "Senior English" sounds like it would be. The moment that made my day all better was after school when I found Faith (and she didn't know I was at her school) walking to her bus, and I grabbed her and gave her a big hug (and maybe scaring her pretty good had something to do with how good it was) and give her a ride home.
Yesterday the subbing was even worse, but Bill took the family to a great Mexican restaurant he found on Yelp where I ate the most amazing tortilla soup ever and read birthday cards...here's a little taste of the goodies:
"You have been a joy to us since the day you were born." -Mom and Dad
Not sure if there is even anything nicer to tell someone than that.
"How joyous I feel just knowing that for one year longer you have not croaked." -Paige
Isn't she funny? And it sounds just like her, doesn't it? I had to do it in yellow. I know it's hard to read. I just had to do yellow. Maybe if you highlight it, her quote will be easier to read.
"It's amazing that you're already 41." -Will T4
He's having quite a time watching me grow up.
"I hope you having the gratest day ever!" -Ivy
One day she'll write perfectly and her cards won't be as much fun to read.
"I love laughing with you and hearing your funny sub stories." -Faith
I love these things about her too. She tells me all sorts of fun things from her day.
"Somehow you've figured out how to retain that glow and sparkle in your eyes." -Bill
The card he gave me had to carrots on the front, one was peeled and the other asked, "You look so young! Did you get peeled or something?"
"Such a great friend." -Heather
It's an honor to be Heather's friend. And so. much. fun!
"You are good kind and beautiful." -M'Li
Just like talking to her - I always feel better after getting some M'Li.
I'm grateful for all those little moments that make the days something special - and not just another day.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
4 comments:
I'm so glad your Billy saved the day with Mexican food and some love. I cracked up at his card too. Fun!
Sorry. It was late at night when I wrote that.
No apologies, Paige! You won second place, after all!
How fun to share your cards. It was a little like being there to share your birthday. THANKS! Really REALLY love you!!!
Post a Comment