Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Finding a way

Ever since coming home I have felt a little bit wibbly-wobbly inside. I'm walking slowly and gently, as if any sudden motion will make me crack. Emotionally I have been doing well. It's just a physical manifestation of loss so far. Being busy has been a blessing. Dad's example got me through the first day back at work. I thought about him all day getting out of bed even when it hurt, so that recovery could begin.

My first day back at work I had several students approach me to tell me that they hoped everything was okay. They didn't know why I was gone and I haven't told them (no desire to cry in front of students) and I had one student tell me, "You look like you've been hit in the face," because of my cold sores on the whole left side of my mouth. I made sure after that to let my classes know that, yes, it looks like I have been hit in the face, but I promise that I haven't been hit in the face, just a little bit stressed out :)

Today when I entered my classroom I found that the teachers from my floor had left me potted flowers and a note. These are things that buoy me up. It has been surprising to me just how much kind sentiments and care have meant to me. It has also been surprising to learn how many people around me have lost close loved ones.

Here are my pictures from last week. I have been carrying around with me all the joyful memories of Mom's funeral, and isn't that funny? Who would have thought that her funeral would be that joyful. So many loved ones, so many dear memories and so many amazing hugs and tears.











I loved the flowers on the casket so so much. M'Li and Heather did such a good job picking them out.

And I have been listening to this song. Faith introduced me and I love it:



3 comments:

HW said...

You got such good pictures! Thank you for posting them. And I'm so glad for the kindnesses too. They really do mean so much.

Paige said...

I think you added to this post. Or maybe I only dreamed about reading a similar post. Things are still sort of murky lately. Thanks for sharing your yellow flowers with me. You deliver amazing hugs as well. Let's see. . . where did you get that skill?

The guy being a part of the audience at the end of the video was a nice touch.

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...