![]() |
| Will: Pre-haircut |
Yesterday we had a great day. We got Will's hair cut at the barber shop in town. It became obvious fast that this is where the real men go to get their hair cut, and the girl did a great job for Will. Dad knew several people there: Lloyd Stratton's son in law was there who had just recently almost gotten his fingers cut off, and an old guy named Elwin Adams was there who lives in a black house on the top of the hill as you come into town (his mother told him that "It looks like a house built by the devil.")
![]() |
| Post Haircut |
![]() |
| Jake Jacobsen and Dad |
After a quiet afternoon (talking for quite awhile to the backyard neighbor who is waiting with his wife for a mission call) we had fish for dinner for the second time this week. We then went to a magical place called the Marshall's garage, where Dad talked to both the Marshall's and the Barbers (you may have heard of Curt Barber) and they showed us a video on a giant screen with surround sound in their huge garage. Fun people, I can see why Dad loves them so much.
![]() |
| Ron Marshall, Curt Barber, Dad, Pam Barber, Erlenne Marshall |
Later in the evening, we went treasure hunting in Dad's safe and we found these gems:
It seems like I remember hearing that Dad had given mom a few flying lessons, but these certificates were so crazy to see - like he wasn't lying about the lessons! Mom agreed to this? But if you notice, she never signed the student pilot's license. I loved that too. Dad said that she had about 10 hours of student flying time with him and that she has a log book somewhere. Five years of marriage and the honeymoon still wasn't over. That is true love right there.






5 comments:
Holy cow! Mom tried to learn to fly? That there is hard evidence of True Love. So cool. And mind blowing!
Also the other stuff was wonderful. The haircut great! And are these the Barbers I remember from Boulder City? He was a giant though!
I think I choked on my own spit when I read about the barber shop for real men. Does Dad keep his own pilot certificates in the safe as well?
Yes, Heather, these are the Barbers from Boulder City except that Curt's wife (Flor?) died many years back in a car accident. His current wife, Pam, is Erlenne Marshall's sister.
Paige, Dad's pilot certificate was not in the safe with Mom's. I'm not sure where he keeps it, but it would be interesting to know. We should ask.
That is a great picture of your dad with his friend Jake! And what treasures you found! What a loving and fun wife your mom was!
Hugs to you!
Post a Comment