It was extremely hard to decide to be done having babies. I love babies. My children are my favorite play toys. Bill and I finally decided that there would never be enough for me. You have to stop somewhere and we might as well not do something that was going to make us go crazy. It was sad.
The spring before Ivy went to kindergarten I started crying a lot. Bill said, "Maybe we better have her go to half-day instead of full day kindergarten." He was right. I needed another year to come to terms with all of my babies having their own lives at school.
Before long I started having my own life at school. A different school every day. It was pretty fun going to play with all these different students, and my own children LOVED the stories I came home with. (In fact they still say, "I kind of wish you were still substitute teaching because you had such great stories every day.")
When I started working full time as a regular teacher with my own classes,my stories weren't as much fun, but the students that I taught became mine. I started loving them like my own babies. You can't tell them that you love them or they will take advantage of you shamelessly, but I guess it's safe to write it here. I love my students. These are just two pictures of some of my 180 babies.
L-R
AT - Speaks a beautiful soft Spanish with a Mexican lilt. Misses school a lot (I wonder why)
YG - Loves to interrupt class with questions - both on and off topic. Loves to stir the pot.
JP - Smart and athletic, but withdrew from my school last week. Made me sad.
CS - Has ants in his pants and says whatever thing comes into his head. Keeps people laughing.
HM - Another heritage Spanish speaker, smart, outspoken and wants to sit up front.
DA - Heritage Spanish speaker who is the ideal student.
L-R
MC - Heritage speaker who loves to ask questions. I learn more Spanish from her almost daily.
LL - Learning to speak Spanish with an Asian accent. Smart and funny.
AA - One of my youngest in Spanish. Quiet and sweet. Already speaks Spanish.
ML - Wants to learn Spanish fluently. Last year put a calculator in her phone pocket. I caught her ;)
LC - Heritage speaker who is a great community builder (talks A LOT)
KJ - Quiet and is opening up more this year. I seat her where I want students to calm down.
KM - Filipina named Kirsten...quiet, but likes to dance in the quad :)
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...


2 comments:
Listening to you is such a refreshing thing. You're the perfect teacher to say you love them only by how tough act. Your descriptions make me love them too.
What a great way to get more babies! I remember loving my students too. I think you just do end up loving people you spend enough time trying to help. It sounds like you have some really sweet ones. I loved your descriptions.
Post a Comment