She has refused to do Khan Academy this summer as she is determined to have her break from school! She is a huge help to me at the grocery store and is great about helping me get everything we need. She is the fastest typer at our house and types 90 wpm on a good day.
She is still doing gymnastics twice a week. She has her back-handsprings on the cheese mat all by herself. She also took swimming lessons this summer. She will attend her last day of Summer Institute at Bob Miller Middle School tomorrow where she will finally get her new locker and her school schedule! She is really excited.
![]() |
| At Cane's on Ivy's birthday |
![]() |
| L-R: Derek, Elise's cousin, Luke, Elise, Sierra, Jenna |
For her party, Ivy wanted one like Will's last two parties - at the park. It was really easy. We invited friends to the park for a few hours in the evening, ate pizza, they played, they had fun hitting her turtle pinata (that a student of mine made this last year), they played some more, ate donuts and Hostess cupcakes and then everyone went home. Faith was at work, but Will joined in and Luke and Derek were especially glad to have him.
So grateful to have this fun 11 year old in our lives!!




2 comments:
Ivy looks surprised in a little bit horrified way that you would have forgotten to post about her birthday! She is such a great girl. I'm so glad I got to know her a bit at ALMOST eleven. Now she is even better!
A turtle pinata is the best way to celebrate 11. She's growing right up. I had to go as I considered the first year of Middle School for that girl. I think she'll take the school by storm.
Post a Comment