Sunday, August 25, 2019

Upward

Our biggest event of the week was Bill taking Faith up to school in Reno. Everything seems to be going well. She is in her room and likes her roommate and has even participated in some events on campus already.

Bill said it was a lot harder than he was expecting to drop her off and leave her there! I'm so glad it was him and not me. We have already talked many times and Ivy has been sending daily emails making sure Faith has the T on what's happening at home.


 This picture looks like it is from Beatty, but I'm not totally sure about that. They said they saw donkeys in the parking lot, which is kinda crazy. They had the great jerky at the Subway/gas station in Beatty again just like Faith and I did last month!


When they got to Reno, they found Evans canyon and a trailhead that leads up to the N on the mountain. They didn't go all the way to the N, but they did go far enough to find a Basque monument! I thought it was really neat to find a Basque monument up Evans canyon in Reno.



This is a picture of Faith's side of the room. Nanny Patty bought that bedspread for her a few years ago at DI. It warms my heart that it is now on her dorm room bed. I bought the Don Quixote print to put up on my wall in my room, but we decided that Faith needed it as it is not just a Picasso, but also a literary reference to a book she enjoyed. I also thought the lamp she chose had nice echos of the print.

We are all just home missing her now! We are trying to remember why we encouraged her to go to UNR and not UNLV. Living at home wouldn't be so bad, would it?

2 comments:

HW said...

Oh thank you for this! It leaves a little lump in my throat, but it helps to know she has a print of Quixote and a map of the world. Also, how cool is that to have an Evans canyon in Reno? Nice shot getting the monument, Bill AND the N. Although that must have been Faith, not you. I'm glad Ivy is emailing daily and you are getting plenty of phone calls. It takes a little of the sting away.

Paige said...

I'm so afraid my comment will show up two times I've erased it already a lot. Sometimes I wonder what those my heart can take it having people grow up like this. Making more pancakes for them, and taking them on fun vacations might be more pleasant. I love seeing Faith's new room, and I think your commentary on the entire trip is just a pleasure to read. I bet Faith's siblings feeling unsettled lately. Tell them to buck up little camper, now that they should have seen that movie.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...