Thursday, August 1, 2019

Fun Family Weekend

Most of our summer has been pretty chill - and what I mean by that is that it has been pretty boring except for when the Wimmer's came to visit and Bill and Will were at High Adventure. We decided to have a fun weekend this weekend!

Saturday we went hiking at Mount Charleston. We started at the trail head for Mary Jane Falls, but instead of going to Mary Jane Falls, we veered left and went to Big Falls instead. The trail wasn't very well marked and we were wondering for quite awhile if we were heading in the right direction. Luckily we were. Our hike culminated in finding a waterfall (with real water!) and a small glacier.

Some of us slid down the glacier (Bill, Will & Ivy) and some of us got in the icy water up to their knees (Will.)

The hike was spectacular! It was a real highlight of Evans hikes. The kids thought they were hating it on the way up. Will said that the hybrid dragon flies/humming birds were attacking his armpits and Faith's Nystagmus was making the steeper part of the trail tough, but we all made it and it was totally worth it. Everyone agreed.

Yesterday we went boating at Sandy Hollow, a small reservoir just outside of St. George. The kids all loved being pulled in the tube and then we traded the tube for water skis. Bill slolomed first thing, and skied a couple more times after that. I skied a couple of times, but our big event was Will skiing for the first time. He got up many times and was really getting the hang of it! We were so proud! Ivy even gave it a shot, but those big skis were way too big for her!












3 comments:

HW said...

That WAS a fun weekend! I just love the glam shot of Faith and also the one of you waterskiing. It looks like you feel about waterskiing pretty much the same thing I do. Dang. I just want to hang out with you guys some more. We will have to plan another time with Bill and Will there too.

HW said...

Also I think you're beautiful even without makeup. Maybe especially so.

Paige said...

The water skiing photos are some of the best I've seen of your kids. Just beautiful. What a great way to spend the day with the family. I also envy your hike to the waterfall and the sliding on a glacier.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...