Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas 2019

We had a fun Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve we exchanged gifts for the person whose name we got.
 - Faith got me sugar skull earrings (a must for a Spanish teacher!)
 - I got Ivy the black paper that scratches off to rainbow and some reversible sequin pillow covers.
 - Ivy got Bill a Camelbak.
 - Bill got Will a cool Coronado XC hoodie.
 - Will got Faith a light weight jacket and Hotwheels shirt.

Instead of PJs this year everyone got a bag. I got an overnight bag, Bill got a waterproof toiletry bag for traveling, Faith got a large casual bag that can carry her laptop if needed. Will got a Coronado Cross Country bag and Ivy got a cat satchel filled with different rubber ducks I found at Savers.



Faith got an upside-down umbrella and some other boring stuff she needs as well as money for Wintermester (the three weeks before school starts at UNR in which she will go up and take a class starting next Thursday.)

Will got a new phone and unlimited service instead of the pay-as-you-go plan we were failing at. He also got some very cool clothes that he chose. He was pretty easy to shop for this year as he needed lots of things. Our poor middle child...

Ivy also got a phone and service (as we no longer have a land line). She also got art stuff and plush things. Her phone has kept her very busy so far. I let her have an Instagram account so that she can give friends her social media instead of her phone number if she doesn't know them well.

Bill and I got each other clothes.

I started feeling terrible on Christmas. Will had been saying that we needed to go bowling and we thought that Christmas day might be a good time to do it. As I laid on my bed wondering if I could muster some energy I thought about Mom. I decided that I could stay home and feel yucky or we could go out and I could feel yucky out. I went downstairs and took two Aspirin with a Coke and I didn't even have to feel yucky bowling! Mom always knew best.


Notice where his ball is going. Isn't he fun?


Bill bowled the whole second game with his left hand. I bowled the whole second game with bumpers.

 

Ivy was a pretty good bowler.

Bowling was busier than you would think! We all had a pretty good time. Even the losers. Ivy and I used our Instagram handles for our bowling names. Will was LilSwooty of course, Faith chose Ladybug and we gave Bill the name Bigbadbilliam. The kids love to call him Billiam.



2 comments:

HW said...

I loved your present report! I didn't include ours because I thought it was boring. Alan's best thing was an art print of the park where he bikes that Wyatt gave him. My best thing was an olive wood nativity set from Alan. Willa's best thing was earbuds that work with her daith (inner ear) piercing. Wyatt's best thing was--I don't know, underwear?! He was especially boring this year! Griff and Eve both LOVED the kid watches that take pictures and have games and a bunch of features. The big kids all got money except Evan who got a jersey and floor passes for a Maverick's game that Eliza bought him tickets for. Also, I thought Christmas bowling was a fabulous idea, as was the aspirin and Coke that helped make it happen. Hopefully you are feeling better for real now!

Paige said...

Those bags were a great idea. Your collage of them pleased me. Yes, Mom knew a few tricks about having fun anyway. Bowling with the family is awesome.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...