Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Eve 2019

I promised myself I would blog today.

In the spirit of Paige's gratitude blog posts in the month of December, here are some things I am grateful for in the order they pop into my head:

1) Not to have to Christmas shop for another year.
2) Bill. For so many reasons.
3) My children. I love it when we can be together, and when school is out we get more time together.
4) Paige - She came to my house the other day bearing a gift that made me laugh and chatted for a bit. It was a great part of my week. We took lots of pictures of it.

Make a face like a Will (Paige even sent me pictures of her Will to prove that the face she made was authentic!)



5) Heather. I can't be grateful for Paige without being grateful for Heather. She makes me feel like I'm okay even when most days I'm only marginally passing.
6) Joel - When he communicates with me I feel like the most important person in the world!
7) M'Li - Her "go and do" attitude inspires me.
8) Dad - I'm grateful he has chosen to live and live happily. I'm grateful that he still loves me.
9) Mom - her influence in my life is still so big. So so big.
10) Challenges - It's not always easy to be grateful for them, but without them I don't change, and it's good for me to change.
11) To live in Nevada - I love the sunshine and desert sunsets. Living closer to family is also a plus.
12) The Spanish language - I love understanding how it works and even though I make mistakes, I love working with it and teaching it.
13) My students - they teach me so much. Several of them brought me a holiday gift.
14) Work - I love to be involved in my community and work with colleagues that are understanding and helpful.
15) Aunties and Uncles - many of them send us Christmas cards and I love to hear from them.
16) Friends near and far - again, with the Christmas cards I get to hear from our friends who are growing older just like we are!
17) Kaycie - I don't see her often. I only really communicate with her through blogging, but I'm really grateful for her experiences that she shares. I learn from her.
18) GGG - I think of her quite often and some of the things Mom said about missing her once she had died. I get it now.
19) My in-laws - I got really lucky to have a mother and father-in-law who are kind to me. Bill's siblings are interesting people that I like spending time with even though we don't get to do it very often.
20) Silvia - I got to see my friend and former colleague Silvia B. from VTCTA on Saturday. We went to lunch and caught up. She makes me happy.
21) Sleep - doesn't it just feel so good?

...and with that I wish you all a good night!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Were you up late wrapping gifts? I love being on you list and with photos, too!

You are on of the bright lights to guide me on Christmas. I love you so very much!

HW said...

I love that your list looks like mine. Mostly people. You have some really good ones in your life. That is a wonderful blessing. You are one of mine!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...