Last night I had one of my recurring dreams that I live in an apartment. A dirty one, like from college. Bill and I were cleaning it up. I woke up concerned that I was feeling like I wasn't good enough and that's why I dreamed that dream. Then I went downstairs and saw my cluttered house. My concerns about myself fled, "Oh, I just need to clean my house!"
Here are the things that have kept me from cleaning my house:
- Finals are next week and I am trying to get everything taught before my students are tested on the info.
- I am getting Christmas cards out this week...Christmas cards that I ended up baking this year.
- Will has needed help on a big Spanish project.
- I miss Faith and so have been calling her daily.
- I'm determined to enjoy the Christmas season.
- I'm tired.
- The clean up game makes me sick
...okay now I'm just making excuses. I'm going to go do some cleaning!
Here are the pictures we chose not to use for our Christmas card:
The one we chose was only meh of most of us, but Faith looks fabulous and that is what counts. I wasn't up to more than a dozen pictures, so it wasn't going to get better anyway!
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
3 comments:
Love, love, love! Thank you for the outtakes. Will is good at hiding that he is actually super fun and about to do something hilarious. You are beautiful. I love your people! And oh, how I wish I were there to help you clean. Or better yet, sneak over there while you are in school and clean and leave a delicious dinner simmering on the stove for you when you got home. Maybe some posse stew and cornbread because that is what Mom would probably do. I could do SO MUCH with a teleportation machine. Good luck getting to the end!
Thanks for putting it into words. Most family pictures for us are that way. It's just not going to get any better. I do love seeing the pants you decided not to use. You're almost inspiring me to do Christmas cards this year. I think I possibly have one more year of inertia left in me. If I only send Christmas cards to my siblings and parents, nobody needs to know that the group was not larger, right? I just can't get over how well Ivy grows hair. She is beautiful. Just beautiful. It looks like faith has gotten tired of that much hair, but is keeping it long enough to be interesting to the guys. I agree with Heather about Will being super duper fun. A cluttered house usually turns into a clean house just after finals. Have courage until then.
I like your outtakes too. I was going to be ambitious like you and take a family picture just for Christmas cards until Glen has a different idea. Will makes me laugh in all of them, he seems to be bringing the “smolter” or like Heather said he’s about to do something fun! You have a beautiful family!
I like your reasons for not having a clean house. I totally relate to them! I am glad you put cleaning off long enough to blog too! Good luck getting to finals!
Post a Comment