Monday was exciting. It was our last day of spring break. It started with a lot of yard work. We had rock delivered for our back yard and side yard. Bill was leaving for Jacksonville early Wednesday morning, so we knew we had to get it all in fast. Plus, we didn't want to turn on the air conditioning until we had the rock in, and it was starting to get warm fast!
While we were working on getting the rocks in, Papa Fred and Marj came to take the rocks off our hands that we were getting rid of in our back yard. It was great to see them even for just the short time it took them to load up the rocks.
Will and Ivy went back to school for the first time on Tuesday. They both reported liking it more than doing school online. Ivy's classes had almost 10 kids in each of them and Will's had more than 10 in one, and only 5 in the other (of which he was the only guy - possibly good news?)
Will has been LOVING volleyball and wants to go practice more when he gets home from volleyball practice every day. He realizes that he loves it more than anyone and is trying not to burn his friends out on playing volleyball with him. We got him new shoes this weekend for both volleyball and cross country so he should be all set to win!
![]() |
| Ivy in her spot on the sofa :) Her bruise in the shape of a ski on her leg is starting to match her camo shorts! |
Ivy is my buddy these days. She helps me grocery shop. We de-zombify her when I get home from school with walks together and going to get boba smoothies. We can't go see the puppies together anymore because it's too hard for her to fall in love with them and then leave them at the store. She even attended a funeral with me yesterday for a man in our ward who was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer last month. (His wife teaches at Basic with me.)
![]() |
| The flowers my department sent for the funeral. I liked the bright ones best for the Language Acquisition Department :) |
Bill's trip to Jacksonville was a bust. He went to attend a flooring convention, but on his way there in North Carolina, he started feeling terrible. He got violently sick with fever and shakes the whole time he was there and didn't go to the hospital until Friday night when he thought he was going to die. They tested him for a few different things that came back negative (including Covid-19), prescribed him antibiotics and told him it was safe for him to fly home Saturday evening. So he tried to fly home Saturday, but got stuck in Dallas (still feeling terrible) because he missed his connecting flight and finally made it home this morning. I have been so worried about him. It's good just to have him home and be able to actually get the antibiotics for him that the doctor prescribed. I hope that this is strep even though that test came back negative because I really want the antibiotics to work!!
Faith found out that UNR had been trying to contact her for over a month via her UNR email (but who checks that, right?) They finally got desperate enough to find a way to reach her to let her know that she has been chosen as the senior scholar for her department! She will lead her department out at graduation, but is really concerned about them announcing that her plans are to freelance because she doesn't think people will think that sounds like a real thing. (It is for writers.)
![]() |
| Faith on the bus in Reno...perhaps going grocery shopping which would be why Audrey would be giving her the thumbs up? |



3 comments:
You guys ROCK! Literally.
Will loving volleyball and being self aware about it. Maturity. Fitness. Agility.new shoes. Cool beans.
I'm with Ivy on the puppy heartbreak. Seeing them is so much fun. They're totally unreserved and adorable. Leaving them is hard. In the pound I have the same problem.
Faith's academic awesomeness is eclipsed by her beauty, which is, in turn, eclipsed by her sense of humor. Surrounding it all is a genuine care for other people. I'm a big fan.
You're so good to Bill. I hope he gets better pronto. With your help, that's likely.
Wow. A month, then death? That's sobering. The flowers y'all sent were just splendid. I hope your fellow teacher does ok.
Wow, so many things happening. I love that Will loves volleyball so much! If only we lived closer. I think Lucy loves it as much as as him it would be a great combo!
I am so glad you have Ivy for your buddy. It’s always nice to not have to go to funerals alone. That’s so sad it happened so fast. Darn cancer.
What an awe full experience for Bill. I am so glad he made it back to you. I hope whatever he has leaves at least as fast or faster than it came.
Congrats to Faith. Wow, that’s so great, and funny that the university had to chase her down.
I hope you and your kids are liking school back in person. I don’t know how you made it so long online. Lots of love to you guys!
I am so so glad Will is playing volleyball. Griff is jealous. Eve gets to go to a volleyball camp this summer but there isn't one for boys at our high school, which Griffin has groused about. Also, I am glad Bill is on the mend. That was some serious sickness. I wonder what it was if it wasn't COVID and lasted this long. I am also so very glad Faith has a friend who takes pictures of her on the bus. It's great to catch a glimpse of her. She is just wonderful.
Post a Comment