Sunday, May 2, 2021

Letters to my loved ones

I have zero pictures from my week and pretty much the same number of brain cells left in my head right now. This week I'll just write a little individual note to the people who read my blog.

Kayci - I can't tell you how much the pictures of your baby goats and beautiful children have brightened my weeks lately! You do so many worthwhile things. I want some of your endurance! You inspire me with your charity, work ethic, love and ability to give so much. What are you studying in school? The fact that you are doing school on top of everything else blows my mind! 

 Paige - I miss being in a time zone where it's easy to talk to you. I'm realizing that seeing you was such a luxury! I really appreciate your posts about Italy and the things you are seeing and learning. Thank you for giving me a peek! I am excited for Azya to visit you. Is that happening now or soon? How is school going? Will you finish soon? Dad and Marj mentioned that you might have to come back for your last semester? These are all things I wonder about.

Heather - I'm kind of blown away every time I see pictures of your beautiful grand babies! The past seems to come rushing up. How can I remember Mariah and Eliza as two tiny little newborns no bigger than a portable phone and now they have babies of their own?  Griffin and Eve are such a ray of sunshine, and it's really a mood-booster to see pictures of when you are able to get your whole (or even almost everyone) family together. That's when you seem happiest. I get it. I want to come see you!

Dad - We only spoke for six and a half minutes this week, but it was perfect. So great to hear your voice. You are a great example of living life to its fullest. I aspire to do the same. Is Macaela in her new place and did she need a storage unit in Utah too? We have min-storage units being built in the last empty lot near our house. There is a lot of earth moving going on that reminds me of you!

Azya - Every time I think of you it makes me feel better about my teeny tiny head that can only hold so many thoughts. I'm related to you and you speak many languages and do super impressive things! Not that it says anything about me except that I know a really smart person. How is the ARL thing going? Are you still considering teaching? Will they have to pay you more to do it because you have a master's degree? Hopefully? 

Hope you all have a great week. Thank you for being a part of my life.

4 comments:

HW said...

Kirsta you are the best! I want to take interviewing lessons from you. You ask the best questions of everyone and I want to know all those answers too! (So post your answers, you dear people she asked questions!) AND YESSSS!!!!! Come see me!!!!

Kayci said...

Dear Kirsta, You are wonderful. I can’t even imagine being a teacher this year. I think you have a lot more endurance than you think and you have. You are trying to make it to the finish line of the ultra marathon teaching school has been this year. I admire your dedication and love and concern for your students. The world needs more good teachers like you.
I am glad my blog posts have been able to brighten your days. Who knew baby goats were so fun? I don’t know what I am studying in school yet. I am suppose to figure that out in the next few weeks. Yikes.
Sending you lots of love and long distance hugs, Kayci

Paige said...

This is going to be the longest run on sentence ever because trying to punctuate makes it so that their comments disappear because then I can post it and I won't get frustrated and tried to smash my phone or something so you ask two questions and the answers to the first one is that a day is going to come here in may we will get the suspender birthday together and that is making me so incredibly excited and school is ending with soon I only have one research paper and one test left in theory this will be my last class because I could spit on my paperwork to have the program except the courses I have taken but I have heard that going back to Nevada is no longer a requirement or at least will no longer be requirements and so I think I might drag my feet just a little bit since I haven't written a thesis day anyway and then I can stay here and defend my thesis virtually which would be a real relief accepted then I wouldn't see my loved ones which is also a downside so now the comment is long enough probably is so that I can just push the mate and hopefully it will go

Azya said...

Dear Aunt Kirsta (cute idea to do the mini letters by the way!),

I think you're wildly intelligent and I'm really glad I'm related to you too! I'm also glad that you let me try on your high heels when I was a little. That was really fun. I ended up deciding against the ARL teaching thing because I got a job offer from the Church that lets me do linguistic-y things, and pays waaaay more than I would ever make as a first year teacher. And it comes with a built in time limit that almost perfectly coincides with when I would plan to start my PhD program (once I figure out where I am going for that!)

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...