Sunday, December 11, 2022

Christmas Party Season


Last week was spirit week at my school. My department and I wore red Christmas shirts. Mine was a cheap red "Feliz Navidad" shirt that I found at Target for $5 so I had to wear a nicer jacket over it :) My colleague below has been teaching Spanish for 44 years. She is delightful and the kind of person I would love to grow up to be like. I'll spare you pajama day and flannel day (on which Bill looked at me and asked if it was flannel day at school. "Yep," I told him, "You nailed it," he replied. He often cracks me up.) 

Wednesday was the Cornell Alumni Association's Christmas party at a fun restaurant in Summerlin. Most of the Cornell grads here are alumni from the Cornell's prestigious school of travel and hospitality. We sat at a table that had another employee of CCSD (a psychologist) so it was a fun party for me. Also Santa and Mrs. Claus were there. It was a great party.



 Friday night was my work Christmas party. Bill was nice enough to go with me, so that was fun. It was held at a burger joint on Water Street that was fun, but outdoor/indoor so we kept going indoors to warm back up. Bill and I agree that teachers are a different crowd than business people :) Teachers are clueless when it comes to working a room. Why would they need to do that? You can get stuck talking to the same person all night pretty easily.  My other opinion about these parties is that they are easier to go to the older you get. 

3 comments:

HW said...

You and Bill seem really really tall in this post. Hahahaha! Seriously, that must be a super tiny Santa Claus! I like the report on all the parties! Your Spanish teacher friend reminds me of Miss Brown, who must have been teaching Spanish for at least 44 years when I had her at AF Jr. High. Did you have her?

kirsta said...

Yes! I had Miss Brown! I tell my students that my first Spanish teacher was a little bit dead inside (Mr. Felix) and my second Spanish teacher was a little old lady who would scream at us to sit up straight because, "these are formative years for your backs!" Whenever I tell them that, a few of them sit up a bit straighter :)

Paige said...

I really actually want to see flannel day. Didn’t you even take one picture?

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...