Thursday, December 8, 2022

Empty pools are special places

In the 1970s in an effort to conserve water in California during the draught, homeowners emptied their pools. This is when skateboarders started hopping fences to skate in people's empty pools. We emptied our pool to have the tile redone and to paint over the plaster with an epoxy to get a few more years out of it before we have to re-plaster. We didn't skate in it, but Luna loved the empty pool and Ivy had fun showing it to her :)





Ivy is having a pretty good freshman year. She has been staying after school with Will to participate in preseason track training. They are mostly weight training and Ivy says that the senior girls are the wimpiest whiniest and worst about it. I always like her reports. She's pretty good at calling things like they are.

2 comments:

HW said...

Oh thank you for posting this! I like seeing the empty pool and Ivy and Luna. And together they are super fun. I also like Ivy's report. And I trust her.

Paige said...

I love the slice of life where you tell me about the 1970s and skateboarding. Is anybody going to go skateboarding in your pool? Maybe Luna! Wouldn’t that be great. Ivy is very photogenic, and so is your cat.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...