Ivy has her work cut out for her to keep up with calories too. Now that preseason track has started she comes home tired and famished, but always gets her work done. She spends her free time on her phone (of course!) and also drawing and painting. For two weekends in a row she has spent Saturday afternoon with a drawing book. She's quite talented. Her drawing teacher is leaving to be an assistant principal at a neighboring school, so I'm excited to see if she likes her new drawing teacher more. This week she asked me if I thought she should take both Spanish 3h and French 1 next year. I don't even know what to say to that!
Saturday, January 28, 2023
January Wrap Up
January has been good to us. School got easier for me (a bit!), Faith turned 22! and Will and Ivy have been working out like crazy again. Every day we get to have more light and we even have had a few warmish days to bask in the sun for a few minutes.
My favorite story Faith did this week (and all of them were great) was last night's story about egg prices. She wrote the whole thing including the lead-in for Kristen Remmington to read, "Faith Evans joins us live from a chicken coup in Lemmon Valley," where she was holding a chicken! She said that everyone loved it and people were laughing in her earpiece. She did mention that buying chickens is not an effective money-saving technique if you only want to save money on eggs.
She and Collin flew to Yuba City California and had dinner there for her birthday. This is just a picture of Collin being fun because he is a really fun guy. He is super busy all the time with rebuilding airplanes in Minden where he works during the day, and then in the evenings and weekends he runs NV Flight, a flight school he and his sister started in Reno. They just bought another airplane for the business, but it is in pieces. There is a propeller in San Diego for a great price he wants to go buy. Last I heard this morning, Faith was going to join him in the 20 (round trip) drive to San Diego for a propeller. I need to get an update. Not sure if they ended up going or not!
Will did some calculations this week and realized that he needs to eat close to 4,000 calories per day to keep up with his output. He started losing weight recently and realized that you've really got to work on eating lots to get enough calories to keep up with all the running, jumping and working out that he is doing! He had a pole vault meet this morning that I went to. He showed up a little bit late because he had a workout with Coach G beforehand. The schedule said 5 x 1000 meter hill repeats. Fun stuff!! We went to In-n-Out afterward. He's a great lunch companion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...



2 comments:
Oh I love your kids! Can I get a link for the chicken story? And it looks like you are getting another fun kid. Collin looks like a keeper. I think it is ironic that Will has spent pretty much his whole life trying to weigh enough. That is just the opposite of what most people in our country do. And Ivy is so very good. I like hearing what she is up to and seeing how super fast and lush her hair grows. I am also pleased to hear work got a little easier for you! That is a rare and delightful treat!
Does this mean we will get to see rrawings by your daughter? I would really like that. And, what can I say! The Evan‘s hair is tremendous!!! I’m so glad things are easier for you at school. Is it the kids or the teachers – or maybe the parents that was making things hard first?
Post a Comment