Sunday, January 15, 2023

So much work!!

 I was realizing as I was looking at my Be Reals from this week that 4/5 of the days I had work were Be Reals at work. It's a lot of work! However, I was able to find some pictures that were outside of work:

Will spends as much time as he can outside of school at the gym or with friends. Today he had to go to work at Kohls for a nice long shift which he is learning how to make more bearable ("minimum wage = minimum effort"). He is still pole vaulting and was recently accepted to Indiana Tech, where his best friend, Jackson is considering going. His AP Lit teacher hates him because he is the only one that is willing to answer questions in class and he is always wrong. She doesn't like his answers. However, his guitar teacher loves him. Too much. He wants Will to be he friend. Will doesn't like his guitar teacher because he's weird and has a lack of personal hygiene going on. 


This is Will ready to go to the gym last night because running 800 meter hill repeats in the morning just wasn't enough. :)

Ivy had friends over last night because her friend who moved to California was back visiting. They had pizza in the hot tub. They were her fun running friends. I heard Ivy commit to pacing her friend Hadassah near the end of her long race coming up in February. That's a good friend! Ivy's math teacher who got lost in the Ruby mountains a month or so ago has retired. She now has constant substitutes in that class. Geometry is hard enough without all the subs!! The last few weeks have been full of stress about what to choose for her electives next year: she loves Spanish and is good at it, but there are a bunch of bad Spanish 3h Spanish teachers at Coronado; culinary would be fun and usable; drafting and design might be good; stem/robotics has nerdy kids who are obnoxious and if it weren't for them it might move up the list to a higher spot; drawing 2 would be good if Mr. Staves didn't teach it (she has him this year and he wants to "touch base" with the students too much.)


Yesterday Ivy ran errands with me. This is a picture of her in the La Bonita (Mexican grocery store) bathroom waiting for me. She was really good about speaking Spanish with me at the store and is always willing to practice. Also, this amazing thing that her hair does requires nothing from her. She showers and then scrunches it a little bit. Oh that she could share a bit of that with me!!


Ivy and I are the ones who get up earliest on non-school days (unless Will has to work early like he did today.) 

Bill always had a good hike in mind. Whenever a weekend comes and we decide to go hiking he always asks me where I want to go and I always respond with, "I think you probably have something good in mind. Let's do that." It's a decision I'm glad to hand over to him. He's good at it.


We usually wear flip flops in the car and then change into hiking shoes in the parking lot because it feels good to wear flip flops home after a hike. This was a hike he did on his own. He must have just hiked in the flip flops. Anybody recognize where this is?

This three day weekend is a great break! I am trying my best not to work. Yesterday I bought myself new trail runners to hike in and picked up a new picture from the library to put on our wall in the front room. It reminded me of my sisters. Bill thought it was too multicultural to remind me of my sisters, but it still does anyway :)



2 comments:

Paige said...

The painting is wonderful in every way! I’ve scrutinized each and every person, and decided that there is nobody who feels left out. Not like the situation where there is a “wrong” Charlie’s Angel to be. Which ever person you assigned me, I would feel complemented. What beautiful work. Will‘s attitude about work is funny, and his attitude about teachers are even funnier. IVs attitude about teachers are equally as funny. Her hair is way more impressive, even then her attitude. You guys have such good shares.

HW said...

Every sentence about Will is SO. MUCH. FUN! I love seeing him come into his own. And that Ivy grows glorious hair and has such a sweet core. I feel for her in this stage of life. Your Bill and his fun hikes are so good too. And you are just lovely. I am assuming we are in order, and you are the sister in blue. I am delighted I get to have super dark skin and a white dress.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...